How to clean up?

Started by srb2001, April 11, 2009, 02:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srb2001

How to get rid of the pixellated "nuggies" in the T2 (unregistered) render of cloud layer tops?

cropped section from full 800x600 render.

I tried to pump up the clouds sampling to 128, but to no avail.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

neuspadrin

Whats your atmosphere samples at?

Oshyan

That doesn't actually look like a cloud sample issue. It may be atmosphere samples, but I'm not even sure of that. A larger render would help to discern it. It seems like a strange form of noise, possibly due to settings in the cloud Density Shader.

- Oshyan

sjefen

What's behind those clouds? A surface layer with "Intersect underlying" turned on and set at "Displacment intersection"?

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: sjefen on April 11, 2009, 03:19:06 PM
What's behind those clouds? A surface layer with "Intersect underlying" turned on and set at "Displacment intersection"?

- Terje

What's about that? Does that give problems? I didn't now about that...

sjefen

It gave me problems some time ago and it looked similar to this. It was very hard to reproduce. It just happend in some cases. When I turned off the "Displacment intersection" option I think it vanished.

Here is my tread about this. I hope you did save your project srb2001, cause I did not ::)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Tangled-Universe

Ah yes, now I remember again. Has been quite some time ago. Luckily enough I've never had this problem. (knocks on wood :))

srb2001

It worked!

Turned OFF Shaders/Snow (and Grass)/Effects/Intersect Underlying.

Thanks -- great board.

ps -- I think Matt wanted to be informed to this artifact showing up (Feb. '09 post) due to the newly-implemented "Intersecting Underlying" feature.  How to inform him?

(Nevermind -- I've emailed him directly on the issue).