Bugs with 2.0.1.1

Started by PorcupineFloyd, April 03, 2009, 09:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

Just to let you know that I sometimes get the black triangles as well, again normally in the sky. I was going to make a new support thread about this exact problem but I might as well mention it here.

I don't overclock my machine either.

PorcupineFloyd

I believe it has something to do with render engine optimizations after the final TG2 release as it didn't happen prior to release.

himalofa

I disabled overclocking and re rendered overnight. Out of 200 frames 11 had black triangles. This seems to have reduced the effect but by no means fixed it. Judging by the other responses in this thread this is a fairly common and serious bug. Whilst it can be tolerated in a still it can't in an animation.

I have spent 2 days now just trying to work around bugs in this software. The quality of the images is what keeps me going at this but professional software should not be this faulty.

cyphyr

The higher quality you render at the less noticeable the flickering will be. Also you can get rid of pretty much all of the flicker in post.
Have a look at TimeFilter.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Kadri

Richard,thanks for the link.  İ don't have a project now to test it.  Can you show us anything done with it?
İ don't want to hijack this thread.If possible please make it a new thread.

Kadri.

Oshyan

We've seen the black triangle issue internally as well and it's something we're looking into. Unfortunately it's not as simple to track down as it might seem.

- Oshyan

himalofa

Quote from: Oshyan on October 11, 2009, 08:24:30 PM
We've seen the black triangle issue internally as well and it's something we're looking into. Unfortunately it's not as simple to track down as it might seem.

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan, knowing it is acknowledged and being dealt with is reassuring. Meanwhile, if anyone has some settings that they know prevent this problem could you post them here.

himalofa

I assume from the deafening silence that there is no way round this bug. Last nights render of 68 frames produced 23 splattered with these wretched black triangles. I am not overclocking any more. It does not happen every night but often enough to make me throw in the towel with this. There is mention on this thread of an older version that renders properly can someone post a link?

This really is a shame as TG2 terrains look better than anything else but it is totally useless for animation, at least for me.

himalofa

Just put last night render on utube here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvw3xgT-4_k

The errors are mostly in the sky.

jo

Hi himalofa,

Please email me your project file at:

jomeder@planetside.co.uk

Regards,

Jo

himalofa