Multiple Cameras

Started by rcallicotte, April 14, 2009, 06:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

What is the magic password to make whichever camera the Render Camera?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

PG

There's always the "select different camera views" button under the preview. Select the camera with that then press "copy this view to the render camera" to the left. Or just change camera connections for both render nodes....

That is unless you mean something completely different. ;D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

neuspadrin

Under render settings can't you just change the camera to a new one, whichever you choose? you could also add an additional renderer, set it to master, then change the camera on it.

jo

Hi Calico,

The preset cameras ( perspective, top, left etc. ) are not directly available to be used as a render camera. As PG mentioned, you would need to use the "copy this view to the render camera" button to copy that view to the render camera. If you don't want to override that particular camera you could create a new one using the popup menu of the Assign button of the Camera param of the Render node and then use the "copy view" button.

Regards,

Jo

Oshyan

And in case that's not entirely the answer to the question, you need to have a camera hooked up to a Render node, then just render from that render node and it will use that camera.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Oshyan, thanks (and you too, PG, Jo and Neuspadrin).  I figured out this last tidbit, after some goofing around.  It's logical, once I understood (again).  It's just not jumping out at me how it works, when I need an extra camera or three.  Thanks, though.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?