medieval Zutphen

Started by Dune, April 13, 2009, 05:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

Indeed, feels a bit like the Archeon in Alphen aan de Rijn.  http://www.archeon.nl/

I agree about the trees, the size is just fine.
Howgh!

bobbystahr

WOW...says it all...easily the best use of TG I've seen ever...so far. I agree with Jo and Kudos on your use of XFROG as a modeling app for stuff other than Trees and Veg...it's almost encouraging enough to get me to actually purchase and use the app....right after I manage to afford TD2...sigh...great work and I do think if you had a commercial outlet you could find a market for images like this...keep on tweakin man.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

tumasch

I'm completely enthralled and it makes me want to dive into TG again :-)
Décider c'est mourir un peu.

otakar

I was looking for the name of the new game this is designed for when I first saw this, you know the stills that draw you in. This is some stunning work and confirms what I have always believed. If you're a one-man shop you need to know about modeling and be knowledgeable in post-work to crank out unique pieces like this. Congratulations, you've made more than a few jaws drop!

Dune

Sen

Omg your latest render from april 14th is incredible. Fantastic detail and surface and models and and *gasp*. : )

Volker Harun

Bumping this thread to the top of the list ... it is really worth it! Good work!

aymenk2003

good work ... there is a great number of a small detail that I wonder how many time it took to model this work ?
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

Dune

a couple of weeks tweeking and building 3D, a lot of work!

aymenk2003

:o :o :o
patience ....

NKAID...
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

Falcon

This is one of the best renders I've seen so far. Congratulations.

Did you make the houses and other models yourself or were they provided by your customer?
I'm asking because I'm always looking for medieval-style buildings, and most are fairly expensive.

Dune

I made them in XFrog, which is really for trees, but with a little experimenting you can get something that looks like buildings and boats, seen from a distance. Some parts are done up in PS. I'm also looking for more detailed medieval (and stone age) buildings for close-up views, can't make them myself.
The most time-consuming part of this render was to get about 60 buildings exactly into the right spot (I had a map from the client), at the right angle and height. One by one, testing, change a little, testing, change a little, testing, next one.............................. bloody awful.

---Dune

schmeerlap

That's a fantastic historical scene, with excellent detail. I'd love to see this vast vista posted in the CGS gallery where it would admirably illustrate the quality work that can be achieved using T2.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: schmeerlap on August 24, 2009, 05:03:52 AM
That's a fantastic historical scene, with excellent detail. I'd love to see this vast vista posted in the CGS gallery where it would admirably illustrate the quality work that can be achieved using T2.

John

Yes! That sounds like a very good idea to me :) How do you feel about that Ulco?

Martin

Dune

I cannot do that (just yet). It has to be published first. And, actually, I am a bit reluctant putting work full size on the internet. Before long it'll be distributed all over the world... I live partially from copyright payments, you know.