Tyrone Sunset

Started by inkydigit, April 15, 2009, 05:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

combination of two exposures taken in Co. Tyrone, N.Ireland...slight sharpening and resizing....cheers for dropping by!
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/105/c/3/creggan_1_by_inkydigit.jpg

rcallicotte

Good job, inky.  Beautiful.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Saurav

buzzzzz1

Beautiful Sunset and capture Jason!
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

very nice, thanks for showing!
I wonder how the brighter of the two exposures had the sky look like. Was it all bright?

Frank

inkydigit

thanks for the replies folks...@Frank, I used bracketed exposures, +1/-1...chose the best of three, the one which showed the foreground, had a completely overexposed sky, and the one with the exposure best for the sky, the foreground was black!..... I simply open both in CS3, copy into separate layers, cmd+opt+~(mac) to create a luminosity mask, so you can easily remove the bits you dont want....some resizing and highpass sharpening/unsharp mask...was the only other pw.

rcallicotte

Inky, have you tried Photomatix?  The same bracketing works well in that to create some cool scenes.

inkydigit

@Calico, I hadn't until now....produces some nice results quickly....though I only tried a few, I will possibly post what results I saved.....the watermark sucks, and I don't have 99 bucks!!!

rcallicotte

I recommend saving your money.  The results are better than I've seen in Photoshop...so far.  I still would like to see your results, even with the watermark.

Quote from: inkydigit on April 16, 2009, 03:57:05 PM
@Calico, I hadn't until now....produces some nice results quickly....though I only tried a few, I will possibly post what results I saved.....the watermark sucks, and I don't have 99 bucks!!!