ctrl keys don't work in 2.0.2.1

Started by commorancy, April 26, 2009, 12:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

commorancy

Jo, Oshyan, Matt,

The standards ctrl-c (copy), ctrl-v (paste), ctrl-z (undo) stop working in 2.0.2.1.  Strangely, ctrl-r (rendering) still works. The menus show the hot keys, but they do nothing when you press them.  This is on Vista 64 Home Premium.  These were working in previous versions of TG2.  Note, I found this because I used to be able to copy and paste cameras with ctrl-c and ctrl-v, but this no longer works.  I then tried it with other functions and they don't work either.  The menus themselves work, though.

Note, I've just restarted the app and they are working again.  I'm trying to figure out the trigger that makes them stop working... perhaps it's just time (the app sits idling).  If I can find the trigger I'll post it.

Thanks.

--
Brian

commorancy

I can reproduce it.

• Open TG2
  • Create an object (grass, planet, etc)
  • Double Click on it in preview (making sure the properties window opens, close the window)
  • Hot keys stop working.

Thanks.

--
Brian

neuspadrin

Quote from: commorancy on April 26, 2009, 01:09:42 AM
I can reproduce it.

• Open TG2
  • Create an object (grass, planet, etc)
  • Double Click on it in preview (making sure the properties window opens, close the window)
  • Hot keys stop working.

Thanks.

--
Brian

reproduced here on my end perfectly.

jo

Hi,

I can reproduce that too Brian, thanks for the test case. It should be easier to track down the problem now.

The edit menu items should still be working in the meantime.

Regards,

Jo

commorancy

Quote from: jo on April 26, 2009, 01:36:07 AM
Hi,

I can reproduce that too Brian, thanks for the test case. It should be easier to track down the problem now.

Regards,

Jo

Thanks for looking into this issue.  I noticed that 2.0.3.1 is now available.  I didn't see this bug fix mentioned in the ChangeLog, so I'm assuming it hasn't yet been fixed?  So, this post is just an FYI. I just tested and this bug is still present in 2.0.3.1.  The same test case is still applicable.

Thanks.

--
Brian

jo

Hi Brian,

No, the fix isn't in 2.0.3.1 but it will be in the next release.

Regards,

Jo

neuspadrin

So you guys managed to pin down the cause?

jo

Hi neusapdrin,

Yes, that's how I was able to fix it ;-).

Regards,

Jo

neuspadrin

What was the reasoning behind what was causing it?

Just programmers curiosity.