Bug ?

Started by Phylloxera, April 30, 2009, 11:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

When I've had this issue it was because a render thread stopped working and did not restart, what would be nice would be to have some feature other then the Crop Render to allow the re-rendering of sections of an image should such an occurrence happen, without the need to render the whole image again, when you have images that have taken five hours or longer it is vary frustrating not to mention annoying to have to render again.

The feature I have in mind would be to place marquee type selection rectangle around the area the failed to render (Call in local re-rendering if you want) and then have the render go though the motions of re-rendering that section only: this should take less time as you only have to re-render a small section, additional functionality would be to make the selection sticky so that the selection stayed if there where multiple areas to be done, this is just an idea and would need refining if it where included.

Regards to you.  ;D

Cyber-Angel           

Phylloxera

Problem solved by made partial of images more or less large!

Phylloxera

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on May 02, 2009, 12:33:55 AM
When I've had this issue it was because a render thread stopped working and did not restart, what would be nice would be to have some feature other then the Crop Render to allow the re-rendering of sections of an image should such an occurrence happen, without the need to render the whole image again, when you have images that have taken five hours or longer it is vary frustrating not to mention annoying to have to render again.

The feature I have in mind would be to place marquee type selection rectangle around the area the failed to render (Call in local re-rendering if you want) and then have the render go though the motions of re-rendering that section only: this should take less time as you only have to re-render a small section, additional functionality would be to make the selection sticky so that the selection stayed if there where multiple areas to be done, this is just an idea and would need refining if it where included.

Regards to you.  ;D

Cyber-Angel     

Good idea I will try to make as you say it is simpler than to make a redu by crops

Jack

I have had these errors too I must admit the past two updates have been a real let down they are full of bugs especially when you include objects in your scene :-\

My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

rcallicotte

The biggest problem, and the reason Matt likely waited until now to give full support to objects, is the amount of memory it takes to load a bunch of objects.  This memory usage goes even beyond the usual difficulties with somewhat complex terrain manipulations.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Indeed Calico, it is not that new bugs have been introduced (at least that has not so far been proven), rather the fact that larger and more complex objects, with many, many textures, is now supported, memory usage can get very high a lot faster than before. So with people eager to take advantage of that new-found freedom, they have to understand that it comes with limitations, especially until the 64 bit version is available.

- Oshyan

Phylloxera

new render and still the same problem, I leave render to finish itself and I will do one made partial. Is it strange that it is exactly with the same site as my preceding image?

Jack

Quote from: Oshyan on May 02, 2009, 03:21:13 PM
Indeed Calico, it is not that new bugs have been introduced (at least that has not so far been proven), rather the fact that larger and more complex objects, with many, many textures, is now supported, memory usage can get very high a lot faster than before. So with people eager to take advantage of that new-found freedom, they have to understand that it comes with limitations, especially until the 64 bit version is available.

- Oshyan
these textures are only around the 20 mark though so not to much more than 16
til you release 64 bit will it just be best if the "black boxes of death"... ;D occur just to rerender the section after the main render has finished?
My terragen gallery:

rcallicotte

This is a shame, since this is a possibly beautiful render.

Quote from: Phylloxera on May 03, 2009, 05:25:36 AM
new render and still the same problem, I leave render to finish itself and I will do one made partial. Is it strange that it is exactly with the same site as my preceding image?

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Jack

what about splitting your render into 4 or 8 pieces via crop will that help because soon after these counter errors occur i get runtime error then crash also when i do crop renders the lightin can be different in each segment even though i have not changed anything how is this and how can i fix it?
My terragen gallery:

Oshyan

20mb total? 20mb in JPG is not the same as 20mb in use in the scene. What matters is total memory use. Check your Task Manager.

- Oshyan

Jack

no 20 textures in each model their are 7 models and two populations
My terragen gallery:

Oshyan

Right, but how big are each of the 20 textures then? And what matters is image resolution, not file size, since compressed images (JPG) are generally decompressed in memory when used.

- Oshyan

Jack

round the 1200x1200 mark some are over 2000 though
My terragen gallery:

Oshyan

Well, rather than calculate everything out, you should probably just luck at your Task Manager when trying to render. ;) How much memory do you have in total?

- Oshyan