General > User-contributed Tutorials

My way to get stars! (short version)

<< < (2/5) > >>

aurora:
OK I'm lost. I'm currently using version 1.9.04.1
I go into my Objects->background->shaders tab then in the Surface Shader selection do I select to 'Assign' a shader, create a new one and which of them. I tried adding a new image map shader bt its not working at all for me.

squirreltape:
Aurora... it has to be a default shader.
Double-click the grey 'background' node to bring up it's own properties window.  In the 'surface shaders' tab,click the grey square to the right of the surface shader box.  'Create new shader' / 'other surface shader' / 'Default shader'.  This replaces the original background shader.  Click the grey box again and select 'Go to "Default shader (n)" ' where you can load up your images by selecting the folder icon to the right of 'Colour image' and 'Luminosity image' in the 'Colour' tab.  Very simple walkthrough.
The tutorial is fantastic, thankyou.

jamd315:
More than 10 years later, and this is still useful.  Thanks for an easy way to get stars!

TkGhoul:

--- Quote from: jamd315 on March 03, 2017, 11:59:31 PM ---More than 10 years later, and this is still useful.  Thanks for an easy way to get stars!

--- End quote ---

TkGhoul:

--- Quote from: TkGhoul on March 29, 2018, 06:44:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: jamd315 on March 03, 2017, 11:59:31 PM ---More than 10 years later, and this is still useful.  Thanks for an easy way to get stars!

--- End quote ---
I have the same idea with you.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version