Sun problem

Started by mani1602, May 07, 2009, 06:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mani1602

Hi all,
enclose there is a screenshot from my current scene.
i want to do a sunrise picture from earth but the positions form the sun and the visable disc are not the same.
is that a known problem or do i something wrong? and what can i do?

when i adjust the sun more to the right the differece between sun and visable disc is getting bigger.

thanks, Mani

PG

Same happens with objects when you're that far away from the origin. Have you tried using a light source instead of a sunlight node? Either that or move the planet slightly further to the left (relative to the position of the camera in this render) and then move the camera a left too so that the sun disc is back where the light is coming from.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Tangled-Universe

Isn't the sun at an "infinite" point away from the planet?
And thus isn't the problem that the camera is too far away from the origin instead of the sun?
Because when your camera is 2m above the surface of the planet the bounding-box and visible disc do correspond.
So if the sun indeed is at an "infinite" point there's no point in moving the planet.
With "inifinite" I also mean huge distance of course.

Martin

mani1602

yes you are right.
when i go closer to the planet the visable disc corespond to de bounding-box.

Do terragen renders the light from the position of the bounding-box or from the visable disc?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: mani1602 on May 07, 2009, 07:38:47 AM
yes you are right.
when i go closer to the planet the visable disc corespond to de bounding-box.

Do terragen renders the light from the position of the bounding-box or from the visable disc?

To find that out you should put a sphere between the sun visible disc and bounding-box in the same scene you posted first.
Then look at the shadow or highlight and you'll know. I honestly wouldn't know whether the sun's visible disc is being drawn incorrectly, or the boundary-box. I guess the latter.

Martin

mani1602

i just tried what "PG" said.
i moved the camera so that the sun corespond to the bounding-box.
second i moved the planet into the right position i want. it works :-)

only if i move the camera or the sunlight it does not corespond.

mhhh strange... but now i can do my scene THANKS. Mani

Oshyan

Strange, this is a bug that I thought was fixed. Are you using the latest version of TG2 2.0.3.1?

- Oshyan

mani1602