Animation Question

Started by itz_un, January 26, 2007, 05:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itz_un

I did a cloud animation and all I got was what appeared to be overexposed clouds and surface. I did a shorter render and the images were assigned an .alpha before the extension, but about half of the frames were regular, non-alpha images. I rendered it again and got one each copies of a regular image in .bmp and a complete set of alpha channel images. I did not change the .%4d.bmp in the "Output image filename" or IMAGETYPE.%4d.bmp in the "Extra output images" dialogue boxes, I only changed the filepath so it didn't dump everything into the same folder for each sequence. Has anyone had a similar experience or am I missing something here. Alpha images are useful in certain instances, but I am only interested in the bitmap images for this project.

Will

This may have to do on how GI is recalulated each frame which means that each frames lighting will be a little diffrent. Hopefully in the future we will have texture baking.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

itz_un

Well, I answered my own question. I was saving the temporary files that are described in the thread "Temporary Files" into the same folder as my animation renders. It is nice to have the time to sit and read. Sorry for junking up the forum.