Free plant model pack #1

Started by Oshyan, May 06, 2009, 02:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Thank you very much Walli, I'm using your fern model in a scene right now... and the grasses too :D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

bobbystahr

Terribly remiss of me not to say a huge thank you to Walli...these are very nice and should be infinitely useful...great community spirit man.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DeathTwister

Just found these babies myself.  Thanks and what they all said above /hugs 8)
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

laolilaoli

hypnomedi

I am new and was looking for this !
Thanks !!

Henry Blewer

It's a good idea to look at the Planetside Homepage and look around from time to time. There may be Easter Eggs there; you'll never know if you don't look.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

AnneCHPostma

Been a while since I used Terragen and I just upgraded to the animation version. So I am definately looking forward to see the rendering potential of your plants.

Kudos for sharing!
Ponder this: Is a bit the ultimate Yin Yang?

max_thehitman

Really nice addition for Terragen2!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
More plants to plant in our garden of Eden !!

kalwalt

i downloaded the pack but i get for every model this error when i try to add as object or population:

Path specified did not exist

What's wrong?
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Oshyan

What is the full file path for the object you are trying to add? Does it have non-English (accented) characters in it?

- Oshyan

kalwalt

Thank's Oshyan for the answer; this is the screenshots of the Walli plants folder; as you can see there are some */* in the .tgo names:
[attach=1]
i changed it for example from
Fern\Fern01.tgo
to
Fern01.tgo
and i was able to import as a population.
but some  texturees path are broken i rendered the Fern01.tgo but it is hidden. See this the texture name is wrong:
[attach=2]
renaming the names textures does not help. :(

Maybe this models were made for a previuos version of Terragen? i m using the newest Tg3.1 creative + animation.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Oshyan

The models should be fine in TG3, even if they were originally made for TG2. The paths look OK, but it's hard to say as I don't know if that screenshot shows the *full path*. When I mentioned the path, I was not just referring to the "local" path, i.e. the fact that the image files are in a subdirectory (which is *OK*, that should not be the cause of the problem). What I was tying to determine is whether there are accented characters *anywhere in the file path*. In other words if your files are in \home\Öshyań\models\terragen\fern\ then Terragen will have a problem because it cannot handle accented characters in file paths (the O and N in my name in the path have accents). So first verify that nothing in the file path (like your name) has such non-English characters.

If that doesn't help, I would suggest simplifying the file location as much as possible and putting all model and texture files in the same folder. If there are errors on finding the textures in that case, you can relocate them using the error messages as a guide.

- Oshyan

kalwalt

My files, both .tgo and textures .tif, in the same folder located in:

/home/walter/Documenti/xfrog/Walli_plants

could be a problem the under slash char.? i can't verify now because i'm doing a rendering in TG3, will verify later or tomorrow..

Anyway thank you for the support Oshyan!  :)

Walter

p.s. i need to verify if this isssue happens to me also in my windows partition, because it happens now on linux.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Oshyan

The _ should not be a problem. Please do verify in Windows as we do not officially support Linux at this time.

- Oshyan

kalwalt

Quote from: Oshyan on June 22, 2014, 10:21:14 PM
The _ should not be a problem. Please do verify in Windows as we do not officially support Linux at this time.

- Oshyan
i have the suspect that it is a linux issue! :)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat