just wondering

Started by elscorpio, June 15, 2009, 02:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elscorpio

Hi

i am new relatively new to terragen and was wondering about a thing. :-\

i was just thinking, it must affect rendering time when you execute a render and you have rendering of preview window turned on and maybe you might have the preview window next to it. These windows seem to render on while your big render is going.

i have created the hapid of pausing the preview and turning to selection that dosen't use the small preview window next to the large one. But i guess this could affect a benchmark.

Do anyone else wonder this...

I think i will do render with pause and without and see how much difference there is, with the benchmark scene.

rcallicotte

The preview render stops, when you start rendering.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

elscorpio

Don't i feel silly  ::)

You are absolutely right   ;D

Henry Blewer

I use my television for a second monitor. It can only handle 1024 x 768, but it works well for the preview. I close the program's preview render so just the node window is there. Then I open a new 3D Preview window on the second monitor. Make the new 3D preview window full size on the second monitor. It does not take much more time to render previews on my P4 HyperThreading 5 year old wonder machine. When it reaches detail 40, it's enough to really see what is happening with the image, instead of the small, normal preview.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

elscorpio

hmm that's actually not a bad idea, i am allready using a multiple display setup.

Thanks  :)

neuspadrin

*glances at where my extra 32inch hd tv that i use as a monitor usually would be sitting*

stupid temporary appt, i miss you tv :(

sadly, when i move back to my other appt at the end of my coop, my girlfriend wants to put my nice tv in the living room, and the computers in the bedroom along with her dinky little tv in the bedroom... So no more playing pc games on my nice big pc, or multitasking on it... or... /cry

Though I've been considering getting a second display for awhile... perhaps a birthday present to myself, or drop some major hints to my parents (as in send them direct link to newegg, so they don't mix well with buying computer stuff)

Henry Blewer

Typical female thinking. Introduce her to a really cool game on the big tv. She may decide to get a bigger tv for the livingroom, and a PC to go with it! :D
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

neuspadrin

Quote from: njeneb on June 15, 2009, 10:56:06 PM
Typical female thinking. Introduce her to a really cool game on the big tv. She may decide to get a bigger tv for the livingroom, and a PC to go with it! :D

Lets see... she likes bejeweled.... and zoo tycoon.... and pokemon snap on the wii... and endless ocean on wii...

Shes not much the gamer... /sigh...

I got her to play counter strike with me once.......

... she got a little mad when she found out i had been using her as a meat shield to see where fire would come from when going around blind curves and into spots that people watch...  ;D not like she was helping much on the kill count she at least was providing some help then... haha.