New Image

Started by buzzzzz, January 27, 2007, 01:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzzzz

Damn I don't know if I will live long enough to learn all this program has to offer? LOL  This isn't all that good but I thought I would share it with you guys.  http://buzzzzzart.com/Gallery/Buzzzzzs-TG2/1_26_07_Mnmnts_pano_framed?full=1

Imported World Machine Terrian was used.

A special Thanks to MeltingIce for all the tips and tutorials which helped me greatly. Also thanks to my good friend choronr (Bob) for his help.

king_tiger_666

great render.... just one question, how do you get the terrain to be level? when i import ter files even those from world machine they are usually depressed within the set limit of the ter file eg 10km x 10km

thanks...

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

buzzzzz

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on January 27, 2007, 04:28:09 PM
great render.... just one question, how do you get the terrain to be level? when i import ter files even those from world machine they are usually depressed within the set limit of the ter file eg 10km x 10km

thanks...

Thanks, Not quite sure what you are referring to? Can you show me an Example?   I do check the altitude setting of the terrain in TG 9.43 and make sure the minimum hgt is set to 0.m before I import to TGTP. Not sure if that's what you mean or not?

king_tiger_666

heres an example of a world machine terrain i've made and opened in tg2
ter file had to be zipped 512kb

what altitude settings do i need to alter?..

cheers:D

buzzzzz

OK good, as I was thinking. The only way I know how is to load your terrain in Old terragen, in the Landscape window click on modify terrain, in the set height range from put your "from" number to 0.m, (if you have a minus figure there it will sink it into the heightfield in TGTP) then play around with the "to" number (which is the max hgt. you want) until you get what you want. This way when you load your terrain in TGTP it should set it on top of the Heightfield instead of creating a depression in it. You with me on this?

king_tiger_666

thatsa easy fix thanks:D just tried it and it works

buzzzzz

Will

Great render Buzzzzzz! I like the errien a lot.

Regards,
Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on January 27, 2007, 05:12:55 PM

You can also select the heightfield shader then choose "add operator" --> "adjust height".
By moving the slider you can adjust the altitude of your TER files very easily without fiddling in TG 0.9x. :)

Martin

king_tiger_666

cool.. i'm just setting up a render for this small file it eill be my first .9.43 vs tg2 render comparison:D

buzzzzz

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 27, 2007, 07:08:14 PM
Quote from: king_tiger_666 on January 27, 2007, 05:12:55 PM

You can also select the heightfield shader then choose "add operator" --> "adjust height".
By moving the slider you can adjust the altitude of your TER files very easily without fiddling in TG 0.9x. :)

Martin

Ah!! Great tip Martin, Thanks!

MeltingIce

Nice render Buzzzzz, the terrain and surfacing came out nicely.  Only suggestion I have is to make the surface shading a little less monotone, and give it some variation ;)

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

ello

yes, very nice ones. i specially like the first and the last. they look great