Green Hill WIP [update 2009-12-11]

Started by Walli, May 12, 2009, 03:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phylloxera

Great models of grass ! Really !

Walli

started to throw the grasses onto a landscape. I painted the heightmap with Photoshop and then used Worldmachine to add some more details.
Next I will concentrate on the path/road

http://www.wallis-eck.de/wip/2009/greenhill05.jpg

Hetzen

So is that just two populations of those two model instances?

FrankB

GREAT start Walli!

Looking forward to what you do with the path. Maybe - if it's more a path than a road - it would be good to make it a bit narrower, to increase the sense of scale somewhat. The hills are fantastic already with the grasses.

Cheers,
Frank

Seth

Walli

I have some more variations of those grasses. In this scene so far only four different models.

About the path - I am "twisted", as I have an idea where I need more road then path actually, but I must test a little bit..

RogueNZ

I can imagine following that path over the rise and looking out onto a nice beach and a wide blue ocean. Very nice work  :)

darthvader

The grass looks great already!

FrankB

Quote from: SpacemanNZ on May 14, 2009, 12:22:25 AM
I can imagine following that path over the rise and looking out onto a nice beach and a wide blue ocean. Very nice work  :)

that's exactly the picture I had in mind as well :-)

Walli

beach picture will be one of the next I guess, but therefor I would need a different set of grasses. At least when thinking of the beaches in northern Germany.
No, for this one I have something "different" in mind, but I am not yet sure if it works. We will see I guess ;-)

domdib

The grasses work so well together - hope to see them soon on NWDA!

Rhalph

Quote from: FrankB on May 12, 2009, 06:30:24 AM
This is probably a good place to say that Walli will be creating custom plants that he will sell through NWDA.
The ones you see here are candidates for a really cool grass pack - highest quality, as you would expect from us and Walli in particular.
Are the really good files exclusively going to be sold ? :(
I know they are cheap, but it's still an evolution of the TG community that I'm not sure to like. Well, I suppose evolving into a professional software often implies such evolutions...

Walli

this almost sounds like all the files that I offer for free are not really good. Sorry to hear that.

domdib

I'm sure that's not what he meant Walli - everyone here seems very pleased with the models you did for the free plant pack. I for one have no problem paying for your work, because it's clear that a lot of time and effort and expertise goes into your models.

Rhalph

I didn't say that :P
...Well, I said that but didn't think it. Sorry.

The point is that I'm a bit afraid of seeing the TG community becoming like the Poser one : thousands of files to be sold, newbies just buying them and putting them together in an image instead of trying to learn by themselves.
It may be another debate...