Green Hill WIP [update 2009-12-11]

Started by Walli, May 12, 2009, 03:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arisdemos

While this pic does give a good example of your grass creations, still it is far from the best or most realistic of your graphic work that I have seen up till now. Hope this road will lead to something more exciting over that hill.

Walli

I agree with that, but I think comparing Terragen renders to Vray/Fry/Cinema4D renders is probably not fair due to the material systems those other renderers offer.
Update:

dandelO

Phew! Very nice indeed! A fantastic render.

The only thing that throws me off, and just a bit, at that, is the too-blue atmospheric colour in the clouds.

Great job!

Naoo

Hi

this is realy outstanding!

ciao
Naoo

domdib

I agree with DandelO - while the sky looked good without the rest of the image, it's just too blue when all the green comes in.

Walli

do you know those deep blue-grey coulds that one often can see before heavy rain? Thats where I want to end. Its not so much the puffy summer cloud, I want to capture this moment whee you have sun shining from the one side and on the other side you get the dark could front.

We just had this feeling 20 minutes ago, should have taken a photograph.

Moose

This is very nice!

The image has an optical illusion whereby it looks as though the sky is moving (blowing?) from right to left. It'd be interesting to see a slight leftward lean on the vegetation to emphasise 'this wind'... or maybe it's just me that's seeing it?

mr-miley

Ahhh, Moose, One too many vodkas I fear (and at this time in th afternoon too... tsk tsk)

;D ;D ;D

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

nvseal

Wow, great work. Fantastic implementation of objects and plants.

Hannes

This is really incredible! It is one of the best TG images I've ever seen. I can hear the bees and I can smell the grass. A typical summer feeling. Fantastic!

schmeerlap

An excellent render; the path and foliage/groundcover are brilliantly done. I won't critique the sky, but I will say that I'd like to see some wear and tear on the church, even if you grunge it up a bit in Photoshop, to make it look less like a pristine 3d model.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Seth

EoinArmstrong

Wow - that's sweet - well done :)

tee

Really nice image looks so natural.

Henry Blewer

I agree with John. Everything is fine, except the church. It's too clean. It needs some weathering.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T