NWDA image contest - The WINNERS

Started by FrankB, May 12, 2009, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi everyone,

I would like to invite everyone to our one-off NWDA Image Contest. There are some great prizes to win, so read on ;)

Everyone can participate, regardless whether you are a NWDA customer or not. But we have 2 prize categories:

Prize for winning image, not using any NWDA preset:
Choose 3 tech packs from our portfolio

Prize for winning image, making use of any of the tech packs:
The full available tech pack portfolio (yes, the winner gets it all) of participating NWDA partners, plus any potential future packs that may come out in the two months following the contest start!

The NWDA partners sponsoring the prizes are TU, RArcher, Seth and myself... so far.

Here are the rules:
- Theme: realism, any motif
- Postwork: allowed, but adding anything to the image in post is not allowed
- There is only one winner per prize category. Only one submission per person.
- Jury: all participating NWDA partners + Oshyan from Planetside
- Images will be posted in the contest gallery as soon as they have been submitted
- Images below a certain minimum quality threshold will be rejected. We only accept submissions of finished work.
- Image maximum resolution is 1680 in width and 1050 in height. Anything below that is ok.
- Max image file size must be below 250 kb

- Contest Start: today !!!
- Deadline for submission: July 15th, but you can submit whenever your work is finished.

Information needed with submission:
- Image title
- Your name
- NWDA tech pack(s) used, if applicable

Please send your finished work through email to nwdacontest@hotmail.com

Please be aware that by submitting an image to this email address, you agree that the image can be posted in the contest gallery on NWDA. The contest gallery will be created in the next few days, and the link posted here.

We are looking forward to seeing your submissions.

Best regards,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

RArcher

The Jury can still enter right? right?  awww... crap.  ;D

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

neuspadrin

Wohoo, sounds like my tg2 project for part of the summer is here :)

swissAdA

Hi folks, I find it a very good idea.
But is it not the one who makes the most realistic picture, perhaps your tech pack does not need? Since he is already so well with Terragen can work?
P.S. My text is always translated with Google  http://swissada.deviantart.com/

Seth

let's get ready to ruuuuumble !

Quote from: swissAdA on May 12, 2009, 05:41:10 PM

But is it not the one who makes the most realistic picture, perhaps your tech pack does not need? Since he is already so well with Terragen can work?

I am not sure to understand what you're writing ^^
but if you stated that the winner doesn't need any of our packs... so be it, he'll get them anyway ;)
I don't know anybody that will spit on any prize !

FrankB

@swissAda

Hi,

I am not sure what your question is. In the beginning of the announcement, we wrote that it does not matter if you are using our packs our not. There is a prize for you to win.
We honor our previous customers by sponsoring an extended 2nd prize.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,
Frank

neuspadrin

I think anyone would appreciate the packs even if they are pros.  After all they are easy to use simplifcations of some harder concepts, and its always nice to get to poke around node networks and learn.

I already have a few ideas for what I might do, probably will draft a couple up, work on them then decide from there which feels best to me.... mmm my lack of having time to use TG2 is getting to me... stupid exam week...

But its almost over (as I type I need to leave in a few minutes for campus to go take my final exam at 7pm... multivariable calculus).  Then it's semester over... and straight to work lol.  But I now will have free nights to play with TG2 and modeling.  Wohoo!

swissAdA

[/quote]

if you stated that the winner doesn't need any of our packs...

[/quote]

Yes, that meant me.

Sorry... Google translate
P.S. My text is always translated with Google  http://swissada.deviantart.com/

darthvader

Why would anybody say no to free stuff, especially stuff of NWDA quality? ;)

As TU said, jet the games begin  ;D

neuspadrin

Also if the person doesn't really want the packs, its not like they need to do the contest.

buzzzzz1

Can we have money instead?   ;)

All joking aside, really nice of you to do this Frank!
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

let's get over it. There was confusion and misunderstanding due to the google translation.

rcallicotte

Cool!!!

Frank, TU, Seth and Ryan can't play.   ;D  Errr, or is that in the rules, you know, about family members of the company and stuff?  LOL

Oh yeah...and I'm in.    :P
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on May 12, 2009, 06:17:32 PM
Can we have money instead?   ;)

since 5 minutes I'm thinking of an equally sharp-tongued reply, but I can't concentrate over the continued laughing and chuckling on my part ;D