NWDA image contest - The WINNERS

Started by FrankB, May 12, 2009, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzzzz1

Quote from: FrankB on May 12, 2009, 06:29:16 PM
Quote from: buzzzzz1 on May 12, 2009, 06:17:32 PM
Can we have money instead?   ;)

since 5 minutes I'm thinking of an equally sharp-tongued reply, but I can't concentrate over the continued laughing and chuckling on my part ;D

Happy to be of help.  Laughing is healing.  :D
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Cyber-Angel

Can I ask about what quality criteria image rejection is based on, and could the rules of the contest be amended so that people know up front what they are this will save confusion in the long run?  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

neuspadrin

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on May 12, 2009, 10:30:02 PM
Can I ask about what quality criteria image rejection is based on, and could the rules of the contest be amended so that people know up front what they are this will save confusion in the long run?  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

I think they just don't want to hurt dandelO's feelings when he submits a drunken picture ;)

Seth

FrankB

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on May 12, 2009, 10:30:02 PM

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

These up front criteria are subjective, but based on our experience with the program and the average quality output of this community. So we feel confident to reject a submission of an image that built by merely generateing a heightfield, a default cloud layer, badly distributed surface layer colors and hit render. Some thing like this cannot be considered finished work, and will most probably not even fit to the theme "realism". We would know that you can do better than this ;D

It's perhaps worth starting now, and gradually improving the composition over the next few weeks, making use of the available time until the submission deadline.

Regards,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: FrankB on May 13, 2009, 03:10:43 AM

It's perhaps worth starting now, and gradually improving the composition over the next few weeks, making use of the available time until the submission deadline.

Regards,
Frank

Exactly, it really is worth starting right ahead. The best images I've ever worked on took a couple of weeks for sure (1 to 2 hours a day effectively designing, without test-renders).

Martin

inkydigit

gonna give this a go!...nice one Frank!

littlecannon

Awww... I'm in. I feel some long nights of tinkering and rendering coming on.  :o
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

dandelO

Quote from: neuspadrin on May 12, 2009, 10:44:36 PM

I think they just don't want to hurt dandelO's feelings when he submits a drunken picture ;)

:D :D :D

I'd like to enter, I love contests, but I'd enter just for fun. No offence to the NWDA guys but I like to make things from scratch and the prizes, however beautiful, would just be wasted on me because I'd never use them.
Not that I'm saying I'd win, mind. Just, if I did, I'd feel like I was taking something away from another entrant who would really like to win the prize.
Maybe I'll enter, win, then hold a raffle for the prize myself! ;)

Cyber-Angel

Thanks for the reply's, as those here who are also members over at Ashundar will know; I run the AMFI contest (Currently open for submissions for the May contest on the theme of Flemish Landscape) and was mainly asking out of experience with that contest, so that all participants are clear as to the situation.

Regards to you.  ;D

Cyber-Angel

FrankB

@dandelO:

You can certainly try that  ;D.

And you should definitely participate!

Regards,
Frank

dandelO

Maybe I will... ;) (don't worry, I wouldn't sell your prizes, I may donate them to charity, though.)

FrankB

it's very theoretical at this point, but just in case, IF you win, don't be so quick to judge that there would not be anything useful for you.
Cheers
Frank

neuspadrin

Quote from: dandelO on May 13, 2009, 10:54:31 AM
Maybe I will... ;) (don't worry, I wouldn't sell your prizes, I may donate them to charity, though.)

I'm a poor college student :)  :P :P

Hetzen

I'll give this a go. I've started on some R&D which seems to be working, so'll use this as an incentive to get it finished.