Runtime Error

Started by Sp34k, May 16, 2009, 06:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sp34k

Dear friends

Currectly I'm getting alot of Runtime error's while rendering.. I started yesterday with rendering my picture (takes 3 hours) but everytime I near 2 hours of rendering, a Microsoft C++ Runtime Library error appears and my program is forced to close, so I'll have to render from the start again..

Since I'm new to terragen 2 It wouldn't suprize me if the fault was on my side, but have any of you guys experienced anything like this, if so: Is there something I can do about it?

Best Regards,
Mike

Learning history and science, wait,
Knowing that, will that put food on my plate?
Yeah, can I walk into McDonald's, into the counter,
And tell them you can make limestone from gunpowder,
Will they give me a cheeseburger if I know that shit?

neuspadrin

This error is almost always due to too high of render settings mixed with many objects in an area causing it to run out of memory.

Try setting the subdiv cache on the render settings (advanced tab) from 400 to 200.  Also check the preallocate subdiv cache.

This might make the render take a little longer, but it also might successfully finish.

Sp34k

Hallo neuspadrin

Thank you for your reply, I have changed the settings as you said.. I don't really have much on my image but I always make the settings maxed, probably a stupid idéa:)
But I appreciate your reply, I will see if it is successful later, I'll cross my fingers..

Have a nice day,
Mike B.

Rhalph

Quote from: Sp34k on May 16, 2009, 09:06:06 AM
I don't really have much on my image but I always make the settings maxed, probably a stupid idéa:)
Yeah, probably not the right thing to do :P
Take a look: Render setting recommendations

Sp34k

Hallo Rhalph

Thank you for the recommendation, I will surely read it after my coffee is done.. From what I can read from the first reply, then it's pretty clear that I was wrong with just selecting some huge quality settings.. But thanks skippy!

I'm pleased to see how helpful people are here, not ever forum is so open-minded about new-users problems.. Thumps up:)

Regards,
Mike