FakeStoneShader woes !

Started by pclavett, May 13, 2009, 11:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pclavett

Hi All !

Have been playing around with distribution and the fake stone shader and have problems with slope restriction. Have ironed out most of the problems with the help of a lot of you and your discussion but one problem remains which is artifacts appearing where there is a slope change that is near the restriction and the stone is, to put it simply, cut as if by a chisel !!!  I am including jpgs of these artifacts and of the node setup. Most of the distribution is fine but the problem is near the set values and where abrupt changes occur. I wonder if there is a way to set a function which will permit the total rock to appear, that is a function which permits going over the limit for rocks on the border of the set limits ? Mind you I am only starting with TG2 and possibly completely out in left field with this ! Please tell me if I am analyzing this right or if I am simply not getting it !!!

And BTW thanks to all of you for your topic discussion as well as files which permits amateurs such as myself to start learning this software !

Paul

reck

Welcome to the world of exploding stones, or chiselled stones.

The thread kevin pointed to should help you work round the problem.

pclavett

Thanks for the tip and the "Blend as Stone Density" turned off has solved my problem ! Much Appreciated !

Paul