GAEA 2.0

Started by Stormlord, April 02, 2024, 07:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormlord

Quadspinner announced GAEA 2.0 for the late first quarter, now we are in the second quarter.
Does somebody know when Quadspinner releases their landscape Tool 2.0? Would like to buy it.

https://quadspinner.com/Gaea2

STORMLORD

gao_jian11

I have already bought it, and the buyer now has the test version to use, feeling that the new erosion is much faster, but the functionality is still not complete. It should work well with terragen in the future.

Stormlord

But did you buy the version 2.0?
They are only offer to pre order an update and will deliver version 1.0 (as they explain on their site)

STORMLORD

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: gao_jian11 on April 02, 2024, 09:27:32 PMI have already bought it, and the buyer now has the test version to use, feeling that the new erosion is much faster, but the functionality is still not complete. It should work well with terragen in the future.
This makes me curious, what functionality is not complete you think? Thanks :)

gao_jian11

gaea 2 is still in ALPHA, adjusting parameters sometimes does not respond, some nodes do not have parameters, they will have a lot of improvements.

With the new erosion mode, I remember gaea erosion is the erosion in TG, I wonder if the erosion in terragen will also be updated?
2228.jpg2224.jpg

Nala1977

i have the early acces and im using it, most of the nodes are disabled because they are being worked on.
The engine and the speed is incredible, light and day compared to gaea 1, there are some nodes that are crazy on what they can achieve like the sandstone and stratify.
When they will iron out all the issues and bug its going to be an amazing software.

What i can tell you so far is the speed is really fast, all erosion process takes very few and you can work basically at 2k resolution in viewport, 4k if you have a good machine. Its really spectacular

digitalguru

I can wait for Gaea 2.0, v1 was inconsistent at times and it seemed like they backtracked on a few things.
Rather have a version that hits the ground running, even if that means next year :)

Stormlord

Quote from: Nala1977 on April 06, 2024, 06:50:42 AMi have the early acces and im using it, most of the nodes are disabled because they are being worked on.
The engine and the speed is incredible, light and day compared to gaea 1, there are some nodes that are crazy on what they can achieve like the sandstone and stratify.
When they will iron out all the issues and bug its going to be an amazing software.

What i can tell you so far is the speed is really fast, all erosion process takes very few and you can work basically at 2k resolution in viewport, 4k if you have a good machine. Its really spectacular

Spectacular sounds great!
Hope that they will release the final version soon...

STORMLORD