Explorers - NWDA Contest Final

Started by darthvader, May 19, 2009, 06:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Looks damn good! Looking forward to see the final :)

Martin

darthvader

Thanks!

@ domdib: yeah that is due to one of the crops, thank you for noticing it!

edit: brown line has been fixed.

darthvader

Some forground. I want it to look more muddy...also a little boat on the shoreline micht be a nice touch.

[attachimg=#]

neuspadrin

efflux

darthvader

A little bit of mud. I think it's coming along, I just bought the NDWA fake stones and hero rock pack so  will probably incorporate that into the forground ;)

[attachimg=#]

MacGyver

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: darthvader on May 20, 2009, 07:23:57 PM
A little square I rendered while I was at school.

[attachthumb=#]

the water/ripples look fabulous
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

darthvader

darthvader

This may be my last update before rendering my final image. As you can see I have added a boat to give a better sense of scale for the stones in the forground. The boat is a modified version of an object that I found at some freeware sight...I wish I could remember where since it had some nice models. The boat model came without any textures so all the color is done procedurally in TG2, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

[attachimg=#]

Oshyan

The boat looks really good judging from the crop. I agree it adds a very nice sense of scale. Can't wait to see the full render!

- Oshyan

Walli

darthvader

This contest goeas a month longer than I thought it did so I'm back to working on my piece. The stones are the fake stones from the NDWA website, I need to tweak the bigger ones to either make them less dense or blend in more with the smaller stones...I also may choose to make the grass smaller and perhaps more dense. This version also uses some post processing (namely small touchup, curves and levels) that I am thinking of using for my submission.

http://gannaingh32.deviantart.com/art/Explorers-WIP-123058917

EoinArmstrong

Wow - that's awesome looking - love the mood/atmo, and the stones are fantastic too *jealous* :)

GioMez

Lovely stones, atmo and mood! :o I really really like it!