TG Classic Remake ¤ NWDA Contest WIP ¤

Started by Mohawk20, May 21, 2009, 05:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

I was updating my site and found an old render made with TG Classic (or 0.9), which could easily be remade in TG2, and since the moses scene was interrupted by power failure anyways I decided to look up the old ter file and fix me some old school surface layers.

The first image below is the original render, the second is the first remake attempt. I'm rendering it bigger as we speak.

I know it looks a lot smoother and a bit empty, but this is just the start. When I get it the same I will improve it with trees and perhaps a poser figure, who knows... ;)
Howgh!

Mohawk20

And just as a little hint to what might come later, below is a little Photoshop exercise where I mixed a render of an older poser version with the first render in the post above.  8)

Keep in mind, I made the image below in July 2005, so it's pretty old...
Howgh!

MacGyver

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

otakar

ok, where's that TGO? You knew that was coming, right?

Mohawk20

Quote from: otakar on May 21, 2009, 07:01:34 PM
ok, where's that TGO? You knew that was coming, right?

You want it? You got it!

Only one problem, I'm not legally allowed to share poser meshes as objects... otherwise you'd have it right now!
Howgh!

rcallicotte

The remake is looking good.  Perhaps a little more variation in the green stuff (algae?)...?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

otakar

Shoot :(. I really need some low-poly people objects and they don't necessarily need to be female and nude. The problem is the poses. The free stuff is just the basic outstretched pose.

Mohawk20

Quote from: calico on May 21, 2009, 07:33:05 PM
The remake is looking good.  Perhaps a little more variation in the green stuff (algae?)...?

I call it Moss, but yeah, I have a reddish surface layer for it, only not with a lot of coverage.

The bigger render of the first render attached below. Strange thing about the shoreline. I gave the beach surface a darker, reflective child layer. The water level is 40, the wet sand child layer has constraints from 40 to 41, with no fuzzy zone. But as you can see, it doesn't touch the water everywhere, in other places it's under water... Strange!
Howgh!

Phylloxera

The positioning and the distribution of surfaces were always easier with TG 0.9 it seems to me!
Moreover the “grain” of surfaces always appeared more realistic to me than with TG2!
Simple nostalgic observation!
We always miss the plugin such as Water Surfing which was extrèment practical and realistic!

Mohawk20

I fixed the water transparency depth, and the colours of the sand and moss. So I think this is the final lookalike version.
As soon as I get my Xfrog Bunle DVD set I'll be adding some stuff.

I discovered something interesting wile looking at this image. If you look closely to the other shore, a bit to the left you can see a sort of gully, looks like a river or something. I might throw a painted shader at it...
Howgh!

Oshyan

Wet layer might be off due to displacement on water causing the "water level" to be slightly different than what is set. Could also be height accuracy issues away from the coordinate origin...

- Oshyan

Mohawk20

Well, it's not that big a heightfield, so distance to origin should be good.
Water is pretty flat as well...

I didn't check the 'use y for altitude' box, so maybe that's it.

But it isn't very visible in this last render anyways, so I'll look at it later if needed.

Still waiting for those plants, should be here monday....
Howgh!

Mohawk20

Added a Mugo Pine population (the bushes), and an Austrian Pine population (the trees).
See below.

Currently rendering a version with an added Walli's Grass pack 1 plant 8 population (the grass  :P)

So far I found out I really need another POV to get more out of the plants...
Howgh!

Mohawk20

The new one with Walli's grass below. Not sure about the grass yet... clumps are very small so a lot of instances are needed.
Howgh!

Mohawk20

To check the latest version with Walli's grass I changed to a lower POV. Ended up right between the trees.
Had to tweak the darkness out of the exr with levels and exposure adjustments.

The light is from the sun with AO and GI enviro lights. But somehow the trees seem lit from the front like with a flashlight or something.
Love all those new trees though...
Howgh!