I like the bluebells. Leave them in.

Cheers,
Frank

dwilson

WOW, this is a very nice scene.  Lighting is superb

Alf15000

:o Very realistic ! Well done !

littlecannon

Thanks again everyone for the comments and Thanks Walli, it wouldn't have been possible to achieve such realism without your top quality models.

Just a thought.... is it too late to say this could be a NWDA Comp submission?
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

GioMez

Wow! Great image! :o
Love the shadow of the tree!

littlecannon

Hi All... Another test render.
Cheers, Simon.

domdib

The tree shadows are exceptionally good - beautiful shot! Does it require soft shadows turned on?

Mohawk20

And great lighting! Very realistic overall!
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

Great work, really like it.

Since you still have quite some time to go you could render this at the maximum allowed size and also with improved settings.

The shadows of the trees and the atmosphere in general in some places are still grainy.
I can easily imagine how smooth and supercrisp this image would look with increase atmo samples and higher overall quality settings like a tad more detail, AA and GI 2/4 or something.

What were your settings?

littlecannon

Hi Martin (TU)

Thanks for the comments... and indeed I will be rendering this at super high quality for the comp. I think the setting were (I'm at work, so guessing): Quality .9, AA 9, GI 2,2, Atmos Samples 64. I'll probably double the samples and whack everything up a notch. And I'll give your GI settings a whirl. This is fun....  ;D

Cheers, Simon.

Seth

increase atmo sample maaaan ! this render is very good, you did a good light on this one

littlecannon

Seth... The Atmo sample will go up.... I promise. ;)  I just didn't want the week long render time on a test render. (Even if they are HQ tests).  I am now quite happy with the lighting (almost). I might want a little more detail to show on the tree trunks (maybe a small fill light? anyone?)... cheers, Simon.