Grassy Hill (NWDA Submission) Final Render

Started by littlecannon, May 23, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

I, personnally, won't touch this light, but you can try a little AO if you want ;)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Seth on May 29, 2009, 11:13:07 AM
I, personnally, won't touch this light, but you can try a little AO if you want ;)

First I would test increasing the GI. Frank once kind of learned me that increasing sample quality already helps a lot. Therefore I suggested the GI @ 2/4.
If this still doesn't give the desired level of detail on the bark in the shadows I would indeed add an extra enviro light set to AO.
However, adding AO right away without increasing GI sample quality might give faster renders.
So you have some testing to go it seems ;) lol

littlecannon

Thanks for the suggestions Guys... I'll be giving this a go and I'll keep you posted.
Cheers, Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

littlecannon

Still messing around with settings and what not.... Still adjusting the pov since resizing it for the comp and lost the sun as it was, but looks alright....ish.
cheers, Simon

Mohawk20

Looks good, though the clouds might be a bit smaller, as these distract a bit.

Did you render it the size you posted it, or did you render bigger? I'd like to see this bigger...
Howgh!

littlecannon

Hi Mohawk20, no I didn't... it's just a test. I'm still trying to get the sun right again, it's really hard without wireframe. And I'll make the clouds a tad smaller... ;)

Henry Blewer

I have enjoyed watching your work progress. I think it's great.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

MacGyver

Quote from: littlecannon on June 03, 2009, 05:44:58 PM
[...]I'm still trying to get the sun right again, it's really hard without wireframe[...]

You should see a tiny cross of lines which represents the sun, in case that helps. Ah, I guess you knew already :-[
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

littlecannon

Thanks njeneb and MacGyver... I do know about the cross hairs for moving the sun... the issue lies with placing the sun accurately between branches and leaves. I have to move the sun a tad and hit render (crop render) and so on until the sun is in the correct place. I have a new one rendering at the moment at home on my macbook pro (I'm certainly getting my monies worth from this computer).... but this will probably be a couple of days. And Mohawk20 this is at full competition size, so the detail should be good. I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,
Simon.

moodflow

This is starting to look amazing.  I really like the clouds now.  Its getting close to photo-real.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

I agree with Moodflow - this is so realistic looking.  Good lighting.  A little more leaf color variety and leaf translucent diversity (to see through some of the leaves) would be perfect.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

SpaceMaker

That's funny.. I disagree with others, imho the first one (from original post) was the best one (best light, pov, clouds..)  :-\

MacGyver

Quote from: SpaceMaker on June 04, 2009, 10:07:09 AM
That's funny.. I disagree with others, imho the first one (from original post) was the best one (best light, pov, clouds..)  :-\

I think we can agree on that one ;) I like the others as well but somehow the first one intrigued me the most. No offense. :)

Seth

matter of taste... the flowers on the ground were not present on the first one... and they add very good colour spots...
Ipersonnally prefer the third shot... but you should not listen to others taste as YOU are the creator of this render ;)

MacGyver

Quote from: Seth on June 04, 2009, 01:26:30 PM
[...] but you should not listen to others taste as YOU are the creator of this render ;)

Of course! :) The personal touch is what makes good renders outstanding :D