Wiki uploading

Started by neuspadrin, May 23, 2009, 09:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neuspadrin

Any chance you could turn on uploading to the wiki for limited files (such as jpg, png, tgd, and tgc?)  This would make it much easier to write tutorials fully on the wiki, as then the images can be placed in the wiki, and the final demo files too.

Oshyan

Please check if they are enabled now.

- Oshyan

neuspadrin

It works, thanks.  Though can you add tgd, tgc, and perhaps pdf to the list of preferred file types so it doesn't popup stuff?  Also max file size is currently set to 8mb.  Might be useful for pdf uploads, but you gotta watch out with those higher upload allowances.

Oshyan

Done and done. Though I think the file size limit is a global PHP setting which I can't easily change at the moment.

- Oshyan

neuspadrin

Awesome thanks Oshyan, now some better tutorials can be made within the wiki, meaning no dead links years down the road ;).

Oshyan

Hooray! Our intention was always to have as much as possible *within* the wiki rather than as links. I must say I was a bit disappointed to see it so far mostly being used for links, but now I see perhaps part of the reason is our fault. ;) Glad it could be resolved relatively easily though. There are still a few things there linking to Mediafire and whatnot, which are inevitably temporary. We'll have to look into the possibility of hosting larger files like video tutorials somehow.

- Oshyan

neuspadrin

Quote from: Oshyan on May 24, 2009, 01:14:47 AMWe'll have to look into the possibility of hosting larger files like video tutorials somehow.

Yeh there's always that problem.  Thing is my video tutorials for download have already used 3gigs in the weekish they've been out... we don't wanna ddos you with tutorials :P.

Thats also why i went for youtube versions too, as i mean, youtube owned by google... google has enough space for EVERYTHING, so just incase my video files for download for some reason do get taken off, they can still reach them.  Though mediafire works that as long as you log in every so often they stay.  I make a point to visit it at least once a month which keeps files, and even if i didn't as long as someone downloads once every so often it also will stay.