Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants Bundle Price changes and Mega-bundle

Started by xfrog, May 27, 2009, 02:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

So if you have TG2 w Animation, you still need to pay 699 USD, and no discount for the existing license?

Steep

~s

PG

If you have TG2 + Animation you need to get a license code from John Mclusky and then buy the $299 upgrade using that code.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Mohawk20

Quote from: PG on June 06, 2009, 11:06:57 AM
If you have TG2 + Animation you need to get a license code from John Mclusky and then buy the $299 upgrade using that code.
If you want the normal Bundle. The Mega Bundle is more expensive...
Howgh!

PG

Might as well just get the normal bundle, buy xfrog separately and import the models.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Oshyan

The TGO models wouldn't allow you to edit the models with XFrog's normal editing parameters, as the XFRs would.

- Oshyan

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: Mohawk20 on June 06, 2009, 03:20:10 AM
Hmmmm, I get the feeling Steward might be the only one from xfrog to be answering e-mails. If that's the case, he might be a very busy man!

I got that impression too.

I think they are trying to be fair to everybody but the admin is a bit patchy. The staggered release of the plant pack, price change and Mega Bundle have probably made things more complex with there now being a huge number of upgrade paths and probable refunds. 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

xfrog

I was hoping 22 libraries of XfrogPlants in both XFR and TGO  might be worth $ 699 to you.    with a second seat of Xfrog 3.5 thrown in.

Quote from: chromecity on May 31, 2009, 09:20:02 PM
Quote from: PG on May 30, 2009, 03:56:12 PM
That only gives you tgo. If you want xfr as well you'll have to buy the megabundle.
Yeah, that's a shame.  The few people here who have previously made the investment in Xfrog certainly don't stand to benefit in the same manner from that offer.  I cannot see why we would be expected to buy Xfrog all over again.  But Stewart has replied to other posts in this thread many times since I asked the original question, so I can only presume things are how they are and existing Xfrog users just don't matter.  That's not how I'd treat my customers if I ran a business.  I used to be a strong advocate of Xfrog but everything that's happened since it became involved with Terragen has whittled away that positive outlook.  I can hardly believe it's the same Greenworks that I've known all these years.  :-\

xfrog

there are 4 of us dealing with TG

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on June 06, 2009, 07:24:06 PM
Quote from: Mohawk20 on June 06, 2009, 03:20:10 AM
Hmmmm, I get the feeling Steward might be the only one from xfrog to be answering e-mails. If that's the case, he might be a very busy man!

I got that impression too.

I think they are trying to be fair to everybody but the admin is a bit patchy. The staggered release of the plant pack, price change and Mega Bundle have probably made things more complex with there now being a huge number of upgrade paths and probable refunds. 

xfrog

the refunds should show up in the next days if they have not already.  it passes thru our credit card processor and then thru your bank.  please write sales at xfrog.com with any detailed questions

Quote from: Anders on June 01, 2009, 02:57:10 PM
Quote from: xfrog on May 29, 2009, 08:34:38 PM
The standard method we are doing is to fully credit back your original purchase so you can order the Megabundle.
If you still haven't gotten this from me, please write it like this   sales@xfrog.com   subject: WAKE UP ALREADY

I'm waiting for a credit from Xfrog so I can go for the megabundle. Mohawk20 how long did it take for you to get the refund?

Anders

Quote from: xfrog on June 09, 2009, 01:51:33 AM
the refunds should show up in the next days if they have not already.  it passes thru our credit card processor and then thru your bank.  please write sales at xfrog.com with any detailed questions

That's great news, thanks!

chromecity

Quote from: xfrog on June 09, 2009, 01:48:15 AM
I was hoping 22 libraries of XfrogPlants in both XFR and TGO  might be worth $ 699 to you.    with a second seat of Xfrog 3.5 thrown in.

Quote from: chromecity on May 31, 2009, 09:20:02 PM
Quote from: PG on May 30, 2009, 03:56:12 PM
That only gives you tgo. If you want xfr as well you'll have to buy the megabundle.
Yeah, that's a shame.  The few people here who have previously made the investment in Xfrog certainly don't stand to benefit in the same manner from that offer.  I cannot see why we would be expected to buy Xfrog all over again.  But Stewart has replied to other posts in this thread many times since I asked the original question, so I can only presume things are how they are and existing Xfrog users just don't matter.  That's not how I'd treat my customers if I ran a business.  I used to be a strong advocate of Xfrog but everything that's happened since it became involved with Terragen has whittled away that positive outlook.  I can hardly believe it's the same Greenworks that I've known all these years.  :-\
Well thanks for replying, Stewart.  As I'm only one person I wouldn't need or use a second license.  And since I'm just a small freelancer, I can't afford to pay again for something I already own.  Maybe the bundles with the XFR's in them will appeal to larger companies even if they already own Xfrog seats, but that's not my situation.  So good deal or not, I must pass.  Thanks again for at least replying.
Regards,

Jeff Andrews
Chrome City Studios / FX Models

cyphyr

Just got mine today woopee :)

FedEx managed to deliver it to a little old lady in a differant town last week lol HaHa HeHe

Never mind, time to work out my new toy  ;D

happy rendering

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: cyphyr on June 09, 2009, 11:03:54 AM
Just got mine today woopee :)

FedEx managed to deliver it to a little old lady in a differant town last week lol HaHa HeHe

Never mind, time to work out my new toy  ;D

happy rendering

Richard

hahaha, lol

would'nt it be funny if she was a TG2 user?
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

pbelchamber

Hi all. Can anyone who purchased the megabundle tell me how long it took to get their XFrog activation key - I have been waiting 8 days now since filling out the online form. I sent an email to registrations at xfrog 4 days ago, but have had no reply so far. Is this the same as other peoples experience, or have I slipped under the radar somehow?

cyphyr

I'm still wing, (only a couple of days so far), you got 30 days  free so I'm not sweating it :)
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)