XFrog Megabundle Pricing add $24 P&P and 19% VAT = $860.37

Started by cyphyr, May 28, 2009, 03:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

This is getting ridiculous.

I have bought it as it is still a good deal but it is common practice in most countries to let the customer know in advance what they are paying before they get to the checkout.

The deal advertised as $699 actually costs $860.37 after including Postage and German VAT which is a shocking 19%!
There is NO mention of whether or not published prices include local country taxes or what the pricing for delivery is ANYWHERE on XFrogs site or PLANETSIDES site.

In English money that's £438 going up to £539  >:(

I'm not too happy about this but I will be able to do a legal "Lightning" once the package comes through. Expect lots of lovely trees n stuff :)

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

PG

Wait, you shouldn't have to pay their VAT. The company pays their own VAT for their country then you pay VAT for your country. If you live in the UK you should pay 15%
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rcallicotte

This VAT sounds like a heavy burden.  Sorry to hear about the confusion.  But, I thought since you already had a license, you would get the discount to $299.  Strange.  That is what it seems to show on their website.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

cbb

Quote from: PG on May 28, 2009, 03:23:19 PM
Wait, you shouldn't have to pay their VAT. The company pays their own VAT for their country then you pay VAT for your country. If you live in the UK you should pay 15%

I queried this but it is correct. VAT is charged at the rate of the country where you buy it from. As Xrog are registered in Germany you still have to pay the German rate even if you are in the UK.

Apparently Xfrog are changing their registered address to the US in June. When that happens you should be able to buy it VAT free from the US and then pay 15% VAT when it enters the country. That's how I understand it anyway.

Colin

rcallicotte

PG

cyphyr

I think all the prices are correct (I haven't cross checked both sites though but the two examples above are the same).
Its just that after you add them to your cart and go to the checkout the shipping charge is added ($24 to the UK but I guess this will vary somewhat according to where you live) and then Germany's VAT rate is added at 19%. I think if your VAT registered in your country (67 grand turnover in the UK) you could claim it back ...

My annoyance is that none of the above extra charges are mentioned ANYWHERE else. Its not until you've finished deciding to buy that you get the extra pricing info.

:)

Richard

Ps Its also worth noting that the products sold on Planetsides web site are the actual prices you end up paying, There is no VAT added.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Oshyan

It's really all down to how and where the payments are processed. I do agree that a note indicating VAT is not included would be good. I'll see if I can get that taken care of.

- Oshyan

Mohawk20

You could have known this would happen, because I put out a warning for the first bundle in this thread: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=6493.0

It really is quite a let down. It's quite a lot of money already, and then it becomes $100 more expensive to get it at home with VAT and Transportation.
Howgh!

rcallicotte

If this price is correct, does it mean I get this discount since I have owned the Animation version since December, 2006?  Or do I need to buy another copy of TG2 now to take advantage of this discount?

PG

rcallicotte

PG

Well yeah. If you've already got TG2 with the animation module then they just give you the plants.

rcallicotte

Give?  What?   :o

Quote from: PG on May 29, 2009, 11:42:15 AM
Well yeah. If you've already got TG2 with the animation module then they just give you the plants.

PG

You pay $299 they give you the plants...That's how trade works ;D