Gallery for T2 Renders

Started by schmeerlap, January 29, 2007, 07:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeerlap

It might be a good idea to have a Gallery for members to post their renders to, and to dedicate this section to tgd files, and other supported files for the furtherance of learning and better understanding this wonderful program.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

king_tiger_666

there have been some galleries already set up, such as meltingice, or sites like http://www.ashundar.com

also most shared files here are tgd files with jpgs of the renders...
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on January 29, 2007, 08:12:06 AM
there have been some galleries already set up, such as meltingice, or sites like http://www.ashundar.com

also most shared files here are tgd files with jpgs of the renders...

Honestly I don't really agree...this section of the forum started pretty well, but in the mean time most "shared" files are jpegs.
So a seperate section for sharing renders/images would be more clarifying in my opinion.

By the way, this doesn't happen only in this section of the forum.
Many topics in the support section belong to the tg2 discussion section and vice versa. Maybe planetside could look for a capable person to moderate the forum to keep it "clean" and clarified?

Martin

Cyber-Angel

Well if they need extra staff here as moderators I would be able to help in that regard since I am already one over at Ashundar.  I think for now that the-staff they have here at Planetside do what they can with the respective available resources and if they feel they need more help I am sure that it will be requested in an appropriate way to-whom-ever they decide to invite to that position.

Planetside do have a gallery on the main Planetside site, but I think you only get posted there by invitation only maybe one day this could be opened to general posting; but I wouldn't think so as you need as now a "Show Case" gallery to show your product at its best.

Regards to you.

Will

may I point you to MeltingICe's gallery and .tgd repository.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

king_tiger_666

linky to the gallery thread and meltingices gallery

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=457.0

or perhaps you can make your own gallary?... bubbleshare is one example makes quite cool flash galleries, free and its part of a community of different galleries you can also linky them to other sites much like youtube videos...

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Oshyan

We don't currently plan to host a public gallery here and the Shared Files area is definitely intended for sharing actual source files, not images. However we have so far taken a light approach to moderating and unless it proves to be a real problem I think we'll stick with that. This thread itself would probably be more appropriate under "Open Discussion" for example, but it's also pertinent here.

I think overall there have been more actual shared .tgd's (usually with the rendered image in .jpg as welll) than there have been only image posts, so we haven't felt it necessary to be more strict on posts to this area. We do keep an eye on and moderate all areas of the forums and will take action if it seems warranted.

What we may end up doing is posting a sticky thread or header to certain forum areas to describe the expected post type more specifically. I would think most image-only posts are done simply because the poster is unaware of the purpose of this forum area.

- Oshyan

Dark Fire

Quote from: Oshyan on January 29, 2007, 10:10:14 PM
What we may end up doing is posting a sticky thread or header to certain forum areas to describe the expected post type more specifically. I would think most image-only posts are done simply because the poster is unaware of the purpose of this forum area.
That would be a good idea - I wasn't aware of that until I read this thread/topic.

FrankB

Quote from: Oshyan on January 29, 2007, 10:10:14 PM
We don't currently plan to host a public gallery here and the Shared Files area is definitely intended for sharing actual source files, not images. However we have so far taken a light approach to moderating and unless it proves to be a real problem I think we'll stick with that. This thread itself would probably be more appropriate under "Open Discussion" for example, but it's also pertinent here.

I think overall there have been more actual shared .tgd's (usually with the rendered image in .jpg as welll) than there have been only image posts, so we haven't felt it necessary to be more strict on posts to this area. We do keep an eye on and moderate all areas of the forums and will take action if it seems warranted.

- Oshyan

Hi Oshyan,

I'm wondering if there would be a way to cater for both needs. For example, one forum for tdg files and such, and one forum where people can post links to their artworks, which they have uploaded elsewhere. Obviously there's a great desire to announce individual new artworks to other members of this site - I for one would be grateful for a dedicated forum for new image announcements.
De facto, this site is superseding the Yahoo!Group, in which members have always had the opportunity to point to their new art.
So what I'm saying is that making this forum an image gallery would be too much, but a forum to post your links, that would be very approriate.

Cheers,
Frank

MeltingIce

Well I have a gallery I set up for users and also a place for users to upload their TG2 files.  Also, I encourage users to either PM me or email me a link to their gallery so I can post it on my Terragen Resources site.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

FrankB

Quote from: MeltingIce on February 01, 2007, 11:30:54 AM
Well I have a gallery I set up for users and also a place for users to upload their TG2 files.  Also, I encourage users to either PM me or email me a link to their gallery so I can post it on my Terragen Resources site.

With respect to your efforts, but that's not the same to like a place at THE central Terragen forum for announcing new images.

Regards,
Frank

Dark Fire

Quote from: FrankB on February 01, 2007, 01:52:22 PM
Quote from: MeltingIce on February 01, 2007, 11:30:54 AM

With respect to your efforts, but that's not the same to like a place at THE central Terragen forum for announcing new images.

Regards,
Frank
If MeltingIce keeps on going on about his gallery and resources page, his website will effectively become THE central gallery and resources page for TG2.