Stanford Scanning Repository Models Can They Be Imported Into TG2

Started by Cyber-Angel, January 29, 2007, 08:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

I can do the coversion of the dragon and bunny but will need another place to put them as they are too big, even zipped, to put here. I'm thinking meltingice would be a good place as there's a space for resources there already IIRC from my last visit. let me know if anyone has thoughts on this.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

MeltingIce

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

bobbystahr

That wold be cool man, the sizes are:
bunny=2491kb
dragone=6785kb
Let me know if you can handle these sizes..way bigger as an .obj tha as a m .iob for sure..like 10 times....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

MeltingIce

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 30, 2007, 12:41:41 PM
That wold be cool man, the sizes are:
bunny=2491kb
dragone=6785kb
Let me know if you can handle these sizes..way bigger as an .obj tha as a m .iob for sure..like 10 times....

Thats not big at all, just email them to me at meltingice@meltingice.net and I'll get em hosted for everyone.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

king_tiger_666

what program is being used to convert these into obj?.... thanks

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

bobbystahr

king_tiger 666'
The ones from the imagine3d[.iob files] site load and convert well in 3DExplorer. Also there is a very inexpensive app I heartily recommend called accutrans by micromouse  http://www.micromouse.ca/  that is excellent and only $20.00 Us or Canadian if you live in Canada. It as well is much more than a convertor as you'll see if you go there.It does a huge number of formats as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Cyber-Angel

Thanks for you help meltingIce and to every one else now these tests with the renderer can begin.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel 

bobbystahr

As a further exploration on getting .obj into TG2 with textures I found this in the Vue Forum at Renderosity. It's very good at converting .obj but re pathing the textures needs to be done if they're in any folde except the one the final .tgo will live in. I have been importing the .obj and saving as .tgo straight away and then re pathing the textures on the .tgo and re saving it over itself. Here's a render of a model found online. The app is called PoseRay and can be found at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/  It says there that you need POVray installed but others have found that not to be the case. I installed POVray anyway to be certain as ther was a link to it on the same page.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

And here's a Moebius87 freebie I found long ago at Renderosity in Free Stuff. Sadly they don't seem to be there any more. I guess it was a loss leader for his full set, LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New