Mr Lampposts’s Basic Grass Pack - link updated

Started by Mr_Lamppost, June 01, 2009, 08:48:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeerlap

Thanks Mr L. Reviewing the render I just posted it's painfully obvious I need more variation in my grass, and this should go a long way to solving that problem. Thanks again.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Thelby


aymenk2003

Thanks a lot , This pack replaces all the grasses I had before...great variations of grass
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: aymenk2003 on June 06, 2009, 10:09:06 am
Thanks a lot , This pack replaces all the grasses I had before...great variations of grass


This pack was only intended to replace the defunct lightning grass pack.  There are loads of grass models from other people that offer things not covered by this pack; please don't ignore the possibilities they offer.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

dandelO

Mr._L: Any chance of an edited preview image from your first post, labelling the models.

I'm specifically interested in these ones...
[attachimg=#]

What numbers are they, without me having to load every model in a scene and add text to the preview image for reference?
If you are busy that's cool, just thought it'd be easier navigating the multiple models with a labelled preview picture.

Cheers, man!

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: dandelO on June 06, 2009, 08:32:30 pm
Mr._L: Any chance of an edited preview image from your first post, labelling the models.


It's in the Licence_and _Read_Me.pdf  That's why it says READ ME.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Mr_Lamppost

June 07, 2009, 10:37:52 am #21 Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:41:42 am by Mr_Lamppost
Sorry I just noticed your arrows.  :-[  The first is pointing to Lush Grass 08  ;D

And the second to Grass Patch 02  :)
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Sp34k

Woaw, thank you for sharing, this should come in handy :)
Learning history and science, wait,
Knowing that, will that put food on my plate?
Yeah, can I walk into McDonald's, into the counter,
And tell them you can make limestone from gunpowder,
Will they give me a cheeseburger if I know that shit?

dandelO

Thanks for the info, Mr._L.

As for the license and info.pdf, yes I was aware of it and I always read 'READ ME' files but, I'm between homes at the minute and on my current pc, I haven't gotten round to installing Acrobat reader yet. :)

My only programs installed are the really important ones: TG2, Photoshop, MWsnap. That's it. :)

.pdf's can be opened in PS, though, right? So my excuse is pretty lame after all, now I think of it! ;)

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: dandelO on June 07, 2009, 01:16:22 pm
Thanks for the info, Mr._L.

As for the license and info.pdf, yes I was aware of it and I always read 'READ ME' files but, I'm between homes at the minute and on my current pc, I haven't gotten round to installing Acrobat reader yet. :)

My only programs installed are the really important ones: TG2, Photoshop, MWsnap. That's it. :)

.pdf's can be opened in PS, though, right? So my excuse is pretty lame after all, now I think of it! ;)


It is created from several images and separate text in the pdf so PS won't let you import what you want; at least PS7 won't.

Here's a screen grab.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Mohawk20

Great!
But you do have a double 'long grass 01" in there..
Howgh!

rcallicotte

Are you frikking kidding me?  How did I miss this.   :o  THANKS Mr. Lamppost!!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: Mohawk20 on June 07, 2009, 07:18:49 pm
Great!
But you do have a double 'long grass 01" in there..


Belgium!

How many times did I think I'd checked that?  :-[  The top one is 01 end the one underneath it is 02.

I've fixed the pdf in the pack so anyone who downloads from now on will get the corrected version.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Henry Blewer

These are wonderful. I do have a tip. I have started making small renders of the vegetation objects. Then using the image in the icon by changing the default image. It makes picking out what you want to use for a scene much easier.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

cyphyr

www.richardfraser.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 3900X @3.79Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 6:20)
i7 5930K @3.5Ghz, 32Gb (TG4 benchmark 13.44)