There was an error saving the Project file

Started by typerextreme, May 04, 2009, 10:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Yeah, your physical memory is all used up. Not a good way to run a computer. Time to upgrade!

- Oshyan

typerextreme

Lol I know. Although right when i took that screencap, and this is still going on, the Amazon MP3 Downloader was/is downloading a couple of albums, i'm still looking for/previewing songs or albums plus i have Pidgin running. I know it's alot but frankly the computer is running better with all that than it does with tg2. not sure why though.
Computer stats

Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
RAM: 2gb
Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family 358 MB
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 Ghz

neuspadrin

Those applications are less stressful on the os as a whole, where as tg requires pretty much everything to itself.  in you're case you need to make sure that you arn't running anything in the background when doing tg2 most likely.

typerextreme

I try to use the windows task manager and COMODO Internet Security's task manager to close programs that aren't windows required. Which means i can only usually reduce the number of running programs from anywhere around 65-69 down to 49-52. I could be missing some though.

I think i could close a couple of others that are from my hardware and windows, without causing harm just as long as I restart the computer before i try and do anything else. Those would be the Synaptics Touchpad thing, [i have a wireless mouse], Windows Defender (i usually disconnect from the internet because i can't use it when running tg2), whatever SeaPort.exe is, something for my sound card, search indexer, and i attempt to kill wmpnscfg.exe and wmpnetwk.exe but they usually just come right back up.  I turn CIS to disabled for everything because nothing should start up when all the computer is doing is terragen 2. If any of you think this would be a safe bet to terminate when using tg2 tell me please, i'll terminate them the next time i use tg2.
Computer stats

Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
RAM: 2gb
Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family 358 MB
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 Ghz

teksurgical1

I am using Terragen 2 version 2.0.3.1 on Mac OS 10.5.6 and I can confirm this error message whenever I try to save a scene to a non-startup drive.  When I save the file to my desktop it saves fine.  When I get this error message, it does NOT save the file though I can continue to work on it.  The workaround is working ok for me at the moment, but I don't know why this is either and I did not have the problem in previous versions.

jo

Hi teksurgical1,

Quote from: teksurgical1 on June 02, 2009, 10:55:17 PM
I am using Terragen 2 version 2.0.3.1 on Mac OS 10.5.6 and I can confirm this error message whenever I try to save a scene to a non-startup drive.  When I save the file to my desktop it saves fine.  When I get this error message, it does NOT save the file though I can continue to work on it.  The workaround is working ok for me at the moment, but I don't know why this is either and I did not have the problem in previous versions.

I believe your problem is something entirely different to the one in this thread, and will be fixed in the next release. The reason you didn't have a problem in previous versions was that the procedure which is causing the issue wasn't in the previous versions. I take full responsibility for this, and like I say it will be fixed in the next release and the workaround I mentioned is the way to go until then.

Regards,

Jo