My "first" render + tgd

Started by Tangled-Universe, January 29, 2007, 02:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share my "first" render. I've been playing with the TP for over a month now and this is the first semi-serious attempt to create something nice. It's all quite basic and not really complicated.
I'm quite satisfied so far, except for some pixelating in the clouds (cloud cache on) and crappy surfacing :P
Credits to Voulge for the help on displacements, thanks for the tips Volker :)

I'd love to see some suggestions on the stratawork and fake stones. I'm trying to achieve realistic strata, but the strata and outcrops shader is still a bit puzzling to me.
Other comments and critics are also welcome  ;D
I've included the TGD file so feel free to adjust it and post it here :)
Thanks in advance!

Martin

Will

nice render for a first try the canyon looks great, whats at the bottom?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Wonderful job with the canyon.  I love your surfacing as well.  Your clouds seen a bit flat, but that's just a minor issue compared to the great terrain you've got going here.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

Interesting clouds - I initially thought I was looking up a rather wierd cliff. Great canyon.

Tangled-Universe

Thank you guys so far :)

@ Will: don't know what you mean? Could be a joke also ghehe :P

@ O_B: yeah the clouds are not really good, I'm still working on this image. I am defning the fake stones again, it's now 3 layers instead of 2, and I've added some reflections on them. I also used other cloud settings which look pretty well so far. Now I just need to find some time to render :)

@ Dark Fire: I can imagine your confusion! :)