light through obj

Started by bobbystahr, January 29, 2007, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Hi All,
      I have been working away at getting .objs to work and am almost pleased. One thing I have seen always is with a light or a sun behind the .obj you always see a small ghost of it[light or sun] coming thru
and screwing the render up. I tried going into the .obj's multishader to see if they were coming in with a degree or so of transparency but opacity is set for opaque,and transloscence is off as well...anyone have any ideas on this. I am using an old R'osity free stuff item called Sci-Fi Wall by stonemason if anyone has that... it imports well, and you could check it out yourself.  Thanx in advance.. ... 
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Will

Yea that seems to be a common problum, it has even been observed going though mountans and the like. You could try just movving it slightly past the object tor fix it in PS or GIMP.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

bobbystahr

I was trying light thru a window so I'll just stick the sun at 60 degrees and it should be o k. Just messing around yet any way, I figger that will get fixed soon.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

This is most likely a bug that would be resolved by turning on Ray-trace Shadows in the Atmosphere Quality tab. This will increase render time unfortunately, but it will hopefully solve the problem at least.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Cool, I'll give that a try when I've got a day or two to render,heh heh heh. Would turning on ray trace shadows also help with light thru the trees?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Yes, it will give you "rays" of light through trees if you have appropriate atmosphere/cloud settings.

- Oshyan