Set default for GI

Started by reck, September 11, 2007, 06:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

Hi,

Before I upgraded to the latest version of TG2 I altered the quick render and full render settings in the default.xml so that quick render is the default when I hit F3 and not full render, seems to make more sense this way. I also altered a few settings more to my liking. Since I installed the latest version I can't find the settings for GI. I want to alter the states for "GI relative detail", "GI sample quality" and "GI surface details". What string should I add to default.xml to alter the settings from the defaults?

Thanks.

cyphyr

Ok maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in yet but I cant find "Default.xml" anymore. The only versions I can see are from old installations of TG2. Has it been omitted in the latest release? Where should I be looking specifically for the default.xml file? I've scanned the entire pc and nothing that relates to the latest release.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Volker Harun

Hi Reck,
you could setup your favourite 'starting scene' with your favourite settings (Quick Render set as Master, and your atmospheres and you contrasts, and so on)
Save it.
Go into the preferences of TG2 and choose this file as your starting scene.

Volker

reck

Cyphyr: default.xml file is located in the Terragen_2.ucr\generic folder in the main Terragen folder in Program files.

Volker: Didn't know about that setting in the prefs, this is probably the "correct" way to setup a default file, i'll take a look at this. Thanks.

cyphyr

Thanks Volker, coffee must be particularly weak today. For some reason I thought I had to manually edit the xml file rather than just set it in preferances. Doh  ::)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Volker Harun

Maybe the Britains should start using mugs instead of teacups when drinking coffee? ;)

cyphyr

Generally coffee is an opaque, black semi viscous liquid capable of supporting a spoon vertically in the center of the mug. It can be served with milk but NOT sugar. It should not be confused with the so called "instant coffee" which is actually made from rat droppings. A variety of methods are available for its brewing, my personal choice being a percolator as the coffee can be truly brewed but I settle for the cafetière or French Press for convince. ;D
Richard
Oh and yes it dose not come in tea cups, those are reserved exclusively for "tea" :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Volker Harun

Indeed ...
most important is the low pressure ... and of course the patience that comes with every terragen user ;D

Oshyan

Editing default.xml was never a supported method of changing the defaults, however it was the only method prior to the addition of the default project preference in newer releases. You should now use this new setting to customize your startup scene configuration.

- Oshyan

Volker Harun

No comment about coffee, Oshyan?

Oshyan

I don't drink coffee. ;)

- Oshyan