crashing with objects

Started by tl33, January 29, 2007, 09:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tl33

dunno whats going wrong but every time i add an object and decide i don't want it in my scene , when i got to delete it, it crashes tg2..

is this a known issue? any tips to stop this?

also off topic but im thinking a ctrl +z would be great! undo's are a must  ;D

old_blaggard

There have been many issues with objects.  From my experience, this one can be solved by simply deleting the shaders attached to the object in reverse order.  For example, if I have an object named Object, and Object has a multi shader, and that multi shader has an image map shader, first delete the image map shader, then the multishader, and then Object.  From my experience, this should fix it.

As for undos, that's definitely something Planetside has in mind, although it will probably be pretty tough to implement.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

This is something of a known issue and it will definitely be resolved in a future update. We'll add undo functionality as well, but as o_b said it's hard to be sure how widespread it will be. Given the node-based interface it may be tricky to handle certain things.

- Oshyan

tl33

ill try the reverse trick next time. thanks for the advice old_blaggard!

looking fwd to the update as well 8)