NWDA Terragen 2 Tech Packs - New: HQ Fir Tree Pack

Started by FrankB, June 11, 2009, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

It's our pleasure to announce that Walli's Mouse Ear (Chickweed) plants are now all packed up and made available on NWDA.

http://www.nwdanet.com/buy-packs/details/42/8/object-packs/mouse-ear-chickweed

Really sweet, these little white blossoming flowers. During our testing we found they go particularly well in combination with the Fresh Grass Pack number 3. You may want to try them out this way, too :-)

Cheers,
Frank

Henry Blewer

I was wondering where the flowers were from. They are really nice looking.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Seth

FrankB

Hi everyone,

Walli's NWDA Groundstuff Dirt Pack is now available here

Comes with 13 individual objects and 4 different clusters for convenient distribution ;)

Cheers,
Frank

DanielHruby

Ryan - Your tgd's in the dirt pack library are looking for textures etc, that are on your harddrive and some are not even in the pack.  Not sure how to get the many instances of textures to work now.  Is there a way to globally point TG@ to the dirt pack folder to find and re-link texture paths?  And what do we do with missing files like  this one....

C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan.MAPTOWN\My Documents\temp\fremont-area\fremont-area.tif

RArcher

Hi Daniel,

The Mission Peak example project does not include the grass object models or the terrain file.  You can simply delete the objects and then generate your own terrain.  The actual dirt settings do not use any image maps.

To only load the dirt, simply use one of the clip files to import directly into your current project.

FrankB

Crocus Pack - by Walli
Three beautiful individual crocus models and three pre-configured crocus groups, made by Walli.

Scilla Pack - by Walli
Lovely Scillas in 3 variants and 3 pre-configured groups.

Astilbe Pack - by Walli
The Astilbe pack consists of 4 beautiful individual Astilbe models.

Cheers,
Frank

MF_Erwan

I just bought and downloaded the Cumulus Atmosphere Pack V2. I tried to unzip the file, but I had a serie of errors:

C:\3D\Cumulus\Cumulus_Pack_V2_2\
Error # : 25235
Error:    Error opening file

C:\3D\Cumulus\__MACOSX\
Error # : 25235
Error:    Error opening file

CRC error: File C:\3D\Cumulus\__MACOSX\ could not be extracted correcly!

I also tried to render "cumulonimbus clouds close-up V3.tgd" (150*200,pixels, AA3) but I had a message:
"Unable to allocate memory for subdiv cache. You may be able to avoid this error by reducing the size of the subdiv cache in your render settings"
What does that mean in common language?

Erwan

FrankB

I'll try to help you get this sorted.
I don't know why it gives you an error when unzipping, but apparently you have been able to extacts its contents regardless.
The other error during rendering occurs when TG2 is trying to allocate more free memory on your PC than is available.
If you have other applications running, they might eat up too much RAM for the scene to render.
What are you machine specs?

MF_Erwan

Yes, eventually the files seem to have been correctly unzipped (I'm using Winace).

I have a laptop, so its capabilities are limited: ::)
Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

TOSHIBA
Genuine Intel(R) CPU
T2250 @ 1.73GHz
1,73GHz, 1,00GB of RAM

Erwan

FrankB

Hi Erwan 1GB RAM is well below the recommended RAM for TG2.
It "runs" with 1GB but your possibilities are severely limited with just 1 GB.

You can try and improve usage of the cumulus pack slightly by looking into the "advanced" tab of the render node. Make sure that min threads is set to 1, and subdiv cache is low, maybe 50 or 100 MB.

Regards,
Frank

FrankB

mhaze

FrankB

Hi all,

it's my pleasure to announce the availability of Walli's Weed Bundle Pack, an amazingly must-have bundle of ten (10!) highly detailed weeds that are just waiting for you to spice up your grass-scapes with just about that right amount of natural, non-perfect detail.
Like Walli said, this is the stuff that people like to pull out of their gardens, but in renders, this is what helps you remove the CG look of perfection, by adding a little bit of imperfection. ;)

Here's the bundle, only 3.99 (private use), a steal: http://www.nwdanet.com/buy-packs/8-object-packs/56-weed-bundle-pack.html

Not afraid of extreme close-ups :)

Cheers,
Frank

Zairyn Arsyn

the detail on those weeds looks incredible, awesome.

walli's done a great job :)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/