Exploding tree trunks.................

Started by yossam, June 20, 2009, 01:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

??? Can someone please explain why a tgo file of a tree that has loaded and rendered before with no problems, suddenly is blowing the trunk up (similar to the exploding rock syndrome)? I even re-downloaded the file and got the same result. So far it is the only one I have found with this problem.

neuspadrin

can you post the link to where you got this file?

Klas

Looks like oversized displacements.
Has the tree displacements? And did you scale the tree down? Then you should also scale the displacement.

buzzzzz1

This sometimes happens if you lower the scale of the tree and don't lower the amount of displacement in the texture map. Could that be what you did? If not I have no clue?  
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

buzzzzz1

Oops! Sorry Klas,  I guess 2 heads are better than one though.  ;)
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Henry Blewer

Reload the tree as a population. Use the paint shader to make a small area to place the tree. This tip took me by surprise, use the population scale to change the tree's scale. It save having to alter the displacement of the single object.
I used to rescale the object and had the same problems.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

yossam

Thanks everyone for the help. I had not changed the scale before, but the only way to get it to work was change it from 1 to 4. I will try the last suggestion as soon as possible....................I hear sheep.