Need some cloud help (horizontal lines)

Started by trailgirl, February 01, 2007, 11:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailgirl

I am working on my first Terragen scene, a planetscape (but with an earth-like sky), but I'm having problems with horizontal lines in my clouds. This is a 3d cumulus layer. I see the lines in the TG2 render window as well as in the .bmp and .exr files (looking at those in PS CS2). First of all, is this something strange with my monitor or do others see the lines too? I've attached the scene, along with a closeup of a section of clouds with streaks. I keep changing the number of samples and the jitter, just small increments at first but I'm all the way up to 64 samples and the jitter is set on 3. I could not tell any difference between jitter 1 and jitter >1 My other settings are: quality 2.29424, edge sharpness 5.5528, cloud density 0.006, cloud density -0.475, cloud colour 1, scattering colour .5 I'm not sure where the quality setting came from, I think when I changed the sample number, the quality value changed also. Any suggestions are appreciated!

3DGuy

It's not your monitor. Could be an acceleration cache issue. Try turning that off and then crop render that specific part again to see if you still get it.

dhavalmistry

yes it looks like Acceleration cache issue....and ifyou dont mind, can I ask how to get rings to secondary planet???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

trailgirl

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it again without the acceleration cache and let you all know how it turns out. dhavalmistry, these are simply discs around the planet, they are actually a bunch of discs, with various colors and luminosity, I think I've got about 9 of them. There's a gap in the middle to give an illusion of transparency. Here's my tgd file...

Marcia

dhavalmistry

thanx trailgirl...I havent played around with objects much so I am kinda unfamiliar with them...thanx for the tgd
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

trailgirl

Yep, it was the acceleration cache that was the problem, thanks 3DGuy and dhavalmistry.

DeathTwister

KEWL I grabbed dem files thankies /smiles....  So you squish a planet and then add the fake rock shader to it basically right? haha I will look at the tuts and files thanks guys.

DeathTwister   aka Maylock
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions