Uniform grid layout for stones

Started by PG, June 29, 2009, 05:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

Hi Walli,

Quote from: Walli on July 01, 2009, 02:36:11 AM
I think on the long turn it would be nice to have some special populators:

- line populator, draw a bezier curve on the terrain (similar o paint shader) and then adjust settings like distance, random offset, random rotation and so on

-grid populator (could be an extension to the regular populator) where you simply enter distance X and distance Z to create a regular grid

I agree :-).

Regards,

Jo

PG

Quote from: FrankB on June 30, 2009, 11:09:00 AM
the sinus devided by the constant determined the wave length. increase the constant to get bigger "fields".

Ok, after finally figuring out that 'sinus' was latin for sine ::), all I managed to do was make the stone patches very thin. I changed the constant for the divide scalar to give me slightly bigger patches but I want one stone per patch instead of loads.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Hetzen

Quote from: jo on July 01, 2009, 04:40:13 AM
Hi Walli,

Quote from: Walli on July 01, 2009, 02:36:11 AM
I think on the long turn it would be nice to have some special populators:

- line populator, draw a bezier curve on the terrain (similar o paint shader) and then adjust settings like distance, random offset, random rotation and so on

-grid populator (could be an extension to the regular populator) where you simply enter distance X and distance Z to create a regular grid

I agree :-).

Regards,

Jo

It would be good to have a clumping function, like a 'feature scale' included in those random settings.  :)

Henry Blewer

If it was an adjustable bezier curve, it could be useful for controlling animation populations and other stuff...
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T