Mosque & Stone Wall - WIP - *V3.1*, page 2

Started by FrankB, July 06, 2009, 02:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

another update. I have worked on the wall, making it less straigt and perfect. Followed Walli's suggestion to let the sand pile up near the wall and at the tree and under the bench, added a pathway to the bench or white, flat pebbles.
Added another bush species. Resized the bench, making it a little bit smaller. Added displacement to the palm bark.

And probably I have made the sand ripples too big... hmm.

Thanks,
Frank

domdib

Agree that the sand ripples now look a bit exaggerated. But the wall is coming along very nicely.

FrankB

Quickly re-rendered with smaller sand features, but still not exactly there....

Henry Blewer

There are flecks of orange in the mortar of the wall. Maybe that color would work for the sand,or one component of the sand.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

yeah, these orange, brownish things  -  have no idea where they have come from, really. But I thought they look great, so I didn't investigate what caused them to appear. Most like one of the fake stone colors...

choronr

This is looking very, very good Frank. It would be interesting to see how this looks with a lower sun setting.

efflux

This is a cool idea.

Maybe if you made a surface that has smaller grains to look more like cement or whatever is binding the larger stones.

Also, I think that these textures, if made flat, could be cool textures for say marble. Especially in the first render.