TG2 Wipeout

Started by RichTwo, February 02, 2007, 08:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

O, wise and powerful wizards of Planetside, I appeal to your benevolent nature -

I have installed TG2 Deep (non-animation) just yesterday.  Installation went OK, shows I am registered on start up.  I can do a Quick Render, no problem.  However, doing a full render has proved to be so far impossible.  About 1/4 the way into it, the program simply vanishes off screen (I've seen it do this.) .  I have tried at least seven times with the same result.  I am running on a new machine - tons of RAM & gHz & disk space & dual-core processor - and no other apps running while trying to render.  I have the quality settings fairly low - the "dots" come on quickly, then the image starts to fill in.  And that's when it happens.

I went through the 20+ pages of forum topics and didn't see anything addessing this condition.  But I may be wrong.  If so, please direct me to a possible solution.  I am so ready start using TG2 for real now.  Thanks!
They're all wasted!

Lucio

Maybe you can start by posting your computer specs.. Probably it's some issue concerning that

Mohawk20

Or perhaps it's something in the scene the chrashes it... do you have any objects in the scene, or something with water, ar any difficult shaders or something?
Howgh!

RichTwo

Specs? - I went to H-P's website and found a comparable model.  This is the minimum I have:

Athlon 64X2 3800 / 2.0 GHz  533 MHz dual channel

The only objects rendering are two planets, no clouds, no rocks, no water.  Sure don't want to remove the planets just to make a render.
They're all wasted!

buzzzzz

Hi Richard! Damn that sucks! However, you are not alone because I can't render anything with water for some reason? I lucked out and had one scene with water that rendered OK . Can't say for sure but I don't think it's a Hardware issue but more of a Program issue. A Bug fix is coming out in a few weeks according to Osyhan,  just not sure what issues it will correct. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Just an idea, try unchecking GI settings and set both from the Default of 1 to 0.

old_blaggard

This is almost definitely a programming issue.  I find it interesting that a quick render works while a full one doesn't.  Do you have any very small-scale power fractals in your scene?
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

yes...I have an issue with the program tooo...everytime I try my populate my terrain with grass...it crashes....I just doesnt populate grass clumps  :-\
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

RichTwo

This isn't the exact image I'm trying to render, but similar to it in terrain features.  Planets are the same.  This was done on Unregistered TG2TP as a Quick Render.

Thanks to all for your responses!
They're all wasted!

edlo

Does it happen on any scene or just this one? have you tried rendering something else?
Also try moving the camera just  a bit, may be inside a displacement.
Finally there are known issues with windowblinds and any other stardock software such as objectdock, try unloading those and any other windows GUI enhance software.

Oshyan

I think the most important question here is Does this happen on *any* scene, or just this specific one you're trying to render? Unfortunately there *will* be scenes and effects that you won't be able to properly render just yet in this Technology Preview. Water is problematic, for example, and extreme displacements can also be at times, amongst other things.

We have released as a Technology Preview and not a beta or other pre-release with good reason. There's still a ways to go in development of bug fixes and new features before the final release, so problems are to be expected. It's definitely frustrating, but rather than try over and over and over again on a specific scene that is giving you issues, I would instead set the scene aside and try something else. You can see by the shared files area here and the image gallery posts at Renderosity and other sites that people are able to create many different kinds of scenes successfully, so if you run into a persistent crash it's probably something you'll just have to work around or set aside.

You can hopefully take comfort in the knowledge that these issues will all be worked out and the final product will be much more stable. In the meantime it might help in tracking down these sorts of issues if you shared your .tgd file for diagnoses. You can email it privately to support@planetside.co.uk if you prefer not to post it here.

- Oshyan