Encore des Arbres ...More trees...

Started by aymenk2003, July 11, 2009, 09:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Blewer

Thanks! I'll let you know. I keep my shaders and nodes pretty basic, I try something new with each image. Then I promptly forget what I did. Insomnia may be productive, but lack of sleep does mess up memory.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

tee

Nice trees I'm trying the Le Vieux one in a simple scene but I'm not getting any detail in the leaves they are coming out very dark green using default setting in multi shader and increasing light on the tree etc. Is there something I'm missing, not doing to get that nice detail you have in the little render.

aymenk2003

@Tee ... hi.. Extract the LeVieux.rar in a directory copy and past this TGD file in the same directory and load with TG2...
nothing is missing ...
and here's the pic after render...
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

tee

hi
   Strange I'm getting same result from your tgd see below it would appear that the alpha channel isn't working as leaves are oblong

[attachthumb=#]

Henry Blewer

Check the objects directory to see what files are there. If one is not showing up in the object within Terragen 2, you may need to load the image files in by hand.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

aymenk2003

It seems that you have problem with leaves path they are not assigned as they would be...
if you zoom in your render you'll see that you have black square instead of leaves see image ...
you have to assign tif file manually in the multishader

tee

I was thinking the same thing so I had already done that, as I moved the extracted folder from a temp folder to my planetside folder so everything is there, I try with or without use alpha channel checked makes no difference. I notice the leaf tiff has a green background but that shouldn't matter if we use the alpha channel within the file. tiffs on one of the xfrog items I looked at used a separate alpha file. I have the leaf tiff selected in colour and opacity with alpha channel checked. I take out the opacity file just use colour still the same.

aymenk2003

it seems that this is a unique problem that deals with your machine...
I think that you have done that : just compare the config with other xfrog tree (walli pine)...