Bliss

Started by tee, July 19, 2009, 04:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

Quote from: Walli on July 30, 2009, 08:14:18 AM
I guess I have to make a new, free, gnarly tree thing ;-)
yeah...go on please!!!!

:D

tee

Thanks for the comments, the thing I'm finding with Terragen and this type program is there can always be an improvement, a slight tweak, a different approach to a certain section and it's never ending and I'm constantly learning from using the program, looking at other work here and elsewhere on net doing tut's etc, but you have to draw the line somewhere and say ok that's enough. Maybe I'll go back to it when I've upgraded my system, at the size I rendered it it took 43hrs which is pretty hefty.
So I've got some pointers to look at now
trans and reflect on leaves
the camera node info is very interesting I wouldn't have thought of that, I would have just dabbed in the middle distance there and hoped for the best from my pov.
Clouds hmm I followed Franks tut and was pleased with my result. What I actually did was do the clouds in a fresh project and tweaked till I got a cool looking skyscape of clouds and saved clip file the inserted into this project, of course my pov and amount of sky in pic was different from the cloud project so clouds didn't appear quite the same. but sure that's something to work on.
Cyber-Angel is an Art critic by day no ? I understand where you're coming from completely but my inspiration was from a minimalist perspective and the idea of coming across a scene like that with just grass and hills as far as you can see you would be drawn naturally to the tree and perhaps take a load off and enjoy the view grab something to eat drink, plus I though the sky was pretty bold anyway. I did have the idea of putting a headstone under the tree as someones fav final resting place, but didn't pursue it.