Procedural Planet Test Images

Started by nvseal, July 23, 2009, 03:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Quote from: TheBlackHole on October 15, 2009, 10:07:52 AM
I really need this. And I need it FREE! I'm not going to pay for this!

TheBlackHole,this is not my thread and maybe i should not say anything. Writing in the forums are sometimes very difficult.İt is easy to interpret something the wrong way. İf i am wrong please excuse me. But take this as an FREE advise : Please be careful how you respond in the forums.

İ don't mean it the harsh way.İt would be nice if we could make this dialogue facing one another.

Thanks.

Kadri.

Seth

;D

what you really need is to work on your TG skills so you'll be able to do that by yourself so you won't need to whine about free stuff on several thread.
nvseal, IMO, is the best realistic planet creator on TG2. He worked on this one for a long time... so... well I guess you won't be able to do this quality of works before some quite looong training.

rcallicotte

@RArcher - LOL

...and I can't wait until it's available, depending on availability of that little ol' thing called dollares.   ;D

Quote from: RArcher on October 15, 2009, 10:20:50 AM

And if that's not motivation for you to finish it I don't know what is!  oh, wait...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

Agreed.  nvseal's work == $$

Quote from: Seth on October 15, 2009, 11:01:13 AM
what you really need is to work on your TG skills so you'll be able to do that by yourself so you won't need to whine about free stuff on several thread.
nvseal, IMO, is the best realistic planet creator on TG2. He worked on this one for a long time... so... well I guess you won't be able to do this quality of works before some quite looong training.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

I used to have the same idea....so I made it.  ;D

Seth

littlecannon

;D This is cracking me up ;D. I can't understand why there would be any talk of cost anyway... NWDA packs cost peanuts and the results are top notch. The amount of work that goes into this is monumental and all for a few dollars... Bargain. nvseal.... Great work!

Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

TheBlackHole

Quote from: littlecannon on October 15, 2009, 02:34:04 PM
;D This is cracking me up ;D. I can't understand why there would be any talk of cost anyway... NWDA packs cost peanuts and the results are top notch. The amount of work that goes into this is monumental and all for a few dollars... Bargain. nvseal.... Great work!

Simon.
I like FREE downloads. Not buying stuff over the Internet. Especially in a different monetary unit. Not even in a million years could I do ANYTHING even REMOTELY like that. I will NEVER pay for some bits and bytes in a computer. I don't care if it's the best TG2 stuff in the UNIVERSE, I will NEVER pay for downloads!  And I don't give a CRAP what the price is! If it's over 0, then I'm not buying!!!!>:( AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Kadri

For me it was not the problem that you want Free thinks,it was the way(wrote) you want it....İ tried to be kind in my post.But i am beginning to think it was not necessary.You are not making friends with this attitude.

İt is not funny anymore.

Kadri

Seth

back on topic, when will we some update nvseal ? :)

nvseal

Quote from: Seth on October 15, 2009, 04:17:09 PM
back on topic, when will we some update nvseal ? :)

The file itself is basically done, I just need to work up a read me file and do one or two little tweaks. I've just been swamped with stuff to do and havn't had time to really work on it.

@TheBlackHole - Everybody likes free stuff. But you need to remember that nobody here owes you anything and your comments seem to have a "give me" attitude. The simple fact of the matter is that I have worked a long time to try to accomplish what -- I think -- this planet set-up realizes. I don't think all that work is worthless. You may think so and that is fine, but I don't really understand what you are trying to accomplish with your comments. Moreover, the coming pack is not just a collection of cloud settings or surface textures which can be used in a specific scene but a file allowing the user to generate an entire planet with enough fidelity to be used as space shots down into the atmosphere. The file can be used to generate just space images, just landscape images or both -- it really doesn't matter. The point is that the potential uses of the file are extensive to say the least and, if I do say so myself, quite valuable. And just so you know, if it wasn't for the potential to get something back, this file would probably never be released in any form.

Gannaingh

Wow nvseal, when you describe your project like that it pretty much triples the certanty that I will buy it when it is released! I look forward to that day ;D

Henry Blewer

I am looking forward to more renders of this project. Unfortunately, I am saving for a new computer. I am trying to decide on getting a consumer quad or just saving until I can get the latest home supercomputer in 8 months.

What I have seen and read is quite intriguing. I might skip a couple pizza deliveries, and get this. FrankB's default taught me a few things. This could be a very good investment.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBlackHole

I'm still not buying it unless you offer it for free.  >:(
Here's something completely different: Text art!
(o>===------~~~~~It's a comet.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?