NWDAnet.com - New NWDA site

Started by FrankB, July 27, 2009, 09:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

interesting. I am using just firefox and had no problems with that.

Could you try clear your cache and cookies (at least for nwdanet.com)?
Good to hear though that yo managed to get in "somehow", at least ....
I'm keen to identify the problem you had, so clearing cache and cookies would be a good first step.

One last question: is your "private browsing" feature active in Firefox? This prevents storing cookies.

Thanks,
Frank

buzzzzz1

Quote from: FrankB on August 08, 2009, 11:06:07 AM
interesting. I am using just firefox and had no problems with that.

Could you try clear your cache and cookies (at least for nwdanet.com)?
Good to hear though that yo managed to get in "somehow", at least ....
I'm keen to identify the problem you had, so clearing cache and cookies would be a good first step.

One last question: is your "private browsing" feature active in Firefox? This prevents storing cookies.

Thanks,
Frank

Just cleared cookies and I am set to receive cookies and third party cookies so that's not it. Just thought! I'm using the 64bit version of firefox and I don't have problems logging into any other site.  That's OK  I will just use IE when going to your site.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

buzzzzz1

Damn! LOL  ;D  Got a new one in IE, tried to go to the contest gallery after logging in and got this error below.

Notice in the error message where it reads: category/32 .   does that mean 32bit?

8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

damn! Jay, I am sorry, I'm clueless.

I have no other idea. The 32 just means and internal category number, so nothing to do with 64 or 32 bit of any kind.
I also use firefox 64 bit at home, no troubles there. Jay, can you open other pages on nwdanet.com ok?

I need to ask: does anyone else have a similar issue? Also, does anyone have a clue on how to troubleshoot buzzzz1 issue?

Thanks,
Frank

neuspadrin

looks perhaps javascript related.  I know if you do certain very bad things with javascript this can happen.

FrankB

no very bad things on my side. this is a standard joomla + virtuemart installation like you find on trillions of other sites.

buzzzzz1

Just tried to log in with Firefox again and got the bad token thing.  Don't worry about it Frank unless others have the same problem. I'll figure it out at some point and let you know if I narrow it down.
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

Jay, this is just a desperate guess, but I noticed from your screenshot that the slideshow in the header is not showing, which is almost certainly due to a not up to date firefox flash plugin (unless you disabled flash). I'm wondering if the error message is related to that?

Frank

buzzzzz1

Haven't gotten that error since Frank and Flash is working fine.  Just can't log in using Firefox 64bit . That's OK I'm just one person, as long as others can get in there's no sense bothering about it. Don't want people thinking I'm whining just thought you should know there might be a problem.

cheers
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

appreciate that, Jay, thank you. Still, it bugs me that it happened :)

buzzzzz1

As mentioned in my IM Frank.

8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Henry Blewer

I like the slideshow on the home page. It was a little choppy, but that may be because I am rendering on one Logical processor with the priority turned up. The other processor is doing everything else.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

plugsnpixels

Free digital imaging ezine
www.plugsandpixels.com

FrankB

Many thanks, Mike :)

Interesting magazine, as always!
Also, you new site is looking great. Let me also say thank you for the nice NWDA page there: http://www.plugsandpixels.com/newworldtgpacks.html

It's always great to see Terragen featured elsewhere :)

Cheers,
Frank

plugsnpixels

Thanks Frank! And thanks also for your service to the Terragen community! Your packs are just what end users need to get the most out of TG2.
Free digital imaging ezine
www.plugsandpixels.com