User Name Squating: Plantsides Policy Regarding

Started by Cyber-Angel, July 28, 2009, 09:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Quite honestly this is not a major concern for us. People can always choose different user names, and if not being able to take the name they prefer prevents them from signing up, somehow I doubt they would be likely to be active contributors. ;)

As for the bandwidth? Minimal.

Ultimately it's more of a hassle to remove "dead" accounts than it is to just leave them. Determining by automation whose account deserves deletion seems very prone to error, and doing it manually is far too time consuming to be justifiable.

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: Oshyan on July 28, 2009, 11:01:02 PM
Quite honestly this is not a major concern for us. People can always choose different user names, and if not being able to take the name they prefer prevents them from signing up, somehow I doubt they would be likely to be active contributors. ;)

As for the bandwidth? Minimal.

Ultimately it's more of a hassle to remove "dead" accounts than it is to just leave them. Determining by automation whose account deserves deletion seems very prone to error, and doing it manually is far too time consuming to be justifiable.

- Oshyan

OK that's what I wanted too know I consider that this thread has run its useful course I shall lock it now,

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel ;D