sand dunes

Started by John2k6, February 04, 2007, 04:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

woops edited instead, look above for my awnser.

Sorry,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

John2k6

nno, only allows tgd files. i have the technology preview, free version btw.

Will

eplain what you are doing. What Im saying is right-click choose heightfield operator then go up to the top and choose heightfield load then go into that and choose the exported .ter file.

Regards,

Will

SeerBlue

john, to export a ter from world machine double click on your height output device in the workspace, the red rectangle, that should bring up heightfield file output options. Select terragen ter, set your save location, and then click write output to disk( Very important or file won't be written). The file save in the main menu is for saving WM projects in tmd format for use in WM. SeerBlue

buchvecny

thats not possible .... there must be option i think 16bit=> .ter

dhavalmistry

here you go...not perfect dunes but preety close....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 06, 2007, 06:52:15 PM
here you go...not perfect dunes but preety close....

Great dune formations.
Rich2 posted a very useful file in the shared files section of this forum over here:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=685.msg5898#msg5898

This wil explain how to create ripples WITHIN TG2, thus without World-Machine.
I think adding them to this terrain would result in great realism!

Good luck!

Martin

king_tiger_666

dhavalmistry

good effort.,, all it needs is for the dune slope to not bee so steep and it would doo nicely as dune + some fake stone shaders for sand texture....

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

David Burnett

I hit on an alternative idea for linear sand dunes which would make nice ripples if toned down.
It can be found here..

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=706.0

Ignore that the discussion is about a bug, the problem its actually caused by the power fractal settings used to make the larger landscape features and sand look.

Oshyan

The Water Shaded just uses a Power Fractal type shader to create the shapes of water and adds reflection and a few water-specific controls (patchiness, etc.). There is little or no value in trying to use a water shader to make terrain since most of the same controls and more are available in a simple Power Fractal. It's just a matter of finding the right settings. Try Ridged Multi-Perlin and a low number of octaves for example...

- Oshyan

nvseal

Here are some quick power fractal dunes.

Will

nice, may I suggest putting a fake stone shader with very very smalls stone to make it have a sandy texture.

regards,

Will

nvseal

I've added some very small fake rocks here. The difference is relatively subtle (although the color is brighter). It probably needs a little more tweaking but here it is none the less.  :D

Will

I think it looks nice, they do seem to make it brighter ut now by much though.

Regards,
Will

king_tiger_666

if you click on heightfield shader you can save as .ter  what you are trying to do is save a node clip file which is the .tmd

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>