Planet Shader (from the early versions of TG2)

Started by rcallicotte, May 05, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I have a render running I don't want to stop to check if this is it.  But, the date on the file is 12/30/2006, so I think this is it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Goms

Looks good. I have never seen this before, may be i should have checked all shaders from beginning....
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

zionner

Just feel I should point this out to anyone new to Terragen 2 - The Planet Shader *was* an experimental node, (as Oshyan would call it ;) ) and was taken from the menu's because it was not seen as up to standards with Terragen 2's detail, So while I personally love this node, and it's great fun to play with, please keep in mind that Terragen 2 can produce better then what is given in the Planet Shader node.

Goms

I was removed early if i remember right?
But it was a good decision imho. you can do better thinks with some more shaders.
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

zionner

It was removed shortly before the beta of TG 2 was released.

rcallicotte

Distant planets looks okay with this, depending on the settings.  But, close-up and distant could never quite mix.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

AP

Old posts but I was thinking that Terragen could use a Latitude/Longitude Shader node or Something like that for the Surface layer. Working with the Altitude settings is not to convenient.