Fractalized Voronoi

Started by glen5700, August 06, 2009, 05:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Blewer

I am still having difficulties. I took a hard look at the node structure last night. I don't understand the differing clamp functions, but the differing nodes of each scale of voronoi did give me a good place to start.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Volker Harun

Good Stuff, I am glad that some folks are really pushing things here!

I thought that I once shared some voronoi-driven cracks, but cannot find it anymore.
As I have no time for checking the files shared in this thread, I apologize if this technique is the same. Else, get your inspiration (The nodes are inside the Internal Network of the group).

Have fun!

Volker Harun

rcallicotte

Cool, Glen.  Thanks for your work.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Gannaingh

Very, very nice glen! Thanks a bunch!

rcallicotte

Thanks Volker!  What a steal!!!   :P

glen5700

Thanks for all the nice comments!!

Volker, thanks for sharing your network - I will be checking it out.

Here are a couple of images of some new sea foam, there's some displacement on both and one has the foam broken up a bit.

Glen

Henry Blewer

Worked out my own version. It's really simple, but works. I was also able to use the clamp functions for the first time. Thanks!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

rcallicotte

Glen, what did you use to create this water?  This is the closest I've seen to real.

glen5700

calico,
Here is the file, what better way to see how something works - well if you don't mind digging through nodes.

I should also mention my posting will be minimal for a while, I had Rotator Cuff Surgery (a few weeks ago) so for a couple of weeks I was spending a lot of time on Terragen but now I'm working from home most of the time and we are quite busy.

But I will continue to work on this stuff, one thing to note this is my newer node that doesn't use displacement and there are a few things I want to improve on.

Glen

domdib

Thanks for sharing this - great work! Hope you recuperate quickly.

rcallicotte

Glen, thanks for your willingness to share what you know and with such generosity.  This sort of gesture is what makes this site one of my favorite of all time.

I can't wait to take a dip into this file.

Hope your shoulder is feeling better and all mends quickly.

Dune

Thanks a lot, Glen. In view of my understanding of water, this will be very helpfull again. Get well soon!

Hannes

Thanks a lot for sharing!!! This is so great!

Zairyn Arsyn

this looks really promising, thank you sharing,

I wanna try to use this in my next render project.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

glen5700

Thanks for your compliments and your kind words everyone. :)

calico,
That's one of the reasons why I wanted to share these files, I have learned so much from other folks in this forum - it's a great forum.

Glen