im trying to make this

Started by Que, February 04, 2007, 07:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

Que

Quote from: Hannes on February 13, 2007, 11:45:48 AM
I just gave it a (low quality render) try.

I put in a lo res flying saucer and two additional orange light sources with multiplier increased up to "1e+007" (Strength: slider up to "1e+006" and type in a 7 instead of the 6).
Maybe this is what you tried to achieve?

hey thats wicked hannes ...where did you get the ufo from is it an obj ?...and great attempt im so pleased to see someones had a go ..and well supprised at that its really good like the others say with some tweaking ere n there and on a full quality render im sure it would look tops :)

See ive always wanted to try something differnt than the normal tg renders of landscape ..ya no you start to run out of ideas after a while so i think its good to aim for some movie themed pictures ya no ..loads out there really ive seen some amasing sky scenes in the new kong film ..just need an obj ape lol

definatly need to have a go at this myself good work m8 :)

Que

any obj tripods flying around i wonder ?..war of the worlds has some good deep cloud scenes huh

but i know i know ..get this one done first lol

Hannes

Thanks!
The UFO is a very simple disk with a nice texture. I created it in 3ds Max and exported it as .obj.
I think I'll render it in better quality overnight.

Will

nice job, did you rty it at high quality? How'd it look?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Hannes

It's rendering right now. I'll post it tomorrow. (it looks way better now!)

king_tiger_666

this site has some great 3d objects you can download. its just a matter of coverting them into the right format and getting them to work in tg2
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/meshes/
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

king_tiger_666

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Will

Quote from: Hannes on February 13, 2007, 06:08:56 PM
It's rendering right now. I'll post it tomorrow. (it looks way better now!)

Awesume, can't wait.

good model resourse, been there before.

Regards,
Will

dhavalmistry

See ive always wanted to try something differnt than the normal tg renders of landscape ..ya no you start to run out of ideas after a while so i think its good to aim for some movie themed pictures ya no ..loads out there really ive seen some amasing sky scenes in the new kong film ..just need an obj ape lol

no offence but the problem with movie themed renders is that the idea isnt yours hence its not considered unique....and you never run out of ideas....I dont have much experience in 3d world as I am still in skool but thats how I like to think.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Que

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 13, 2007, 07:49:30 PM

no offence but the problem with movie themed renders is that the idea isnt yours hence its not considered unique....and you never run out of ideas....I dont have much experience in 3d world as I am still in skool but thats how I like to think.....

Hey no offence taken each to there own ideas isnt it but Good way of thinking but
really any pictures made "based" on any movie isnt going to look exact is it so there pretty unique really in my eyes ..like if this thread was just can someone make a cloud render with a space ship in ,,ppl would be sayin wooaahh that looks cool like something from blah blah...so i dont see the harm in it :)
regards
Quent.

Que

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on February 13, 2007, 06:17:00 PM
this site has some great 3d objects you can download. its just a matter of coverting them into the right format and getting them to work in tg2
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/meshes/

ah right thanks tiger i'll have a look around see whats what ...im still tryin to get the cloud look lol

Hannes

Anyway it's great fun to do scenes like that and you can learn from the challenge.
Here is my new render:

I added some details to the ship, increased the samples in the quality settings of the clouds (although it's still a bit grainy) and added some more lights. Hope you like it.

Hannes

Tangled-Universe

In overall I prefer realistic landscape renders, but this is a really great sci-fi image ;D Very cool glowing clouds and I love the details on the saucer!
Now it just needs to be animated  ;)

Martin

Will

the cloud lighting is wondeful great job!

regards,

Will